Economists / Postdocs (f/m/d)
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
To strengthen our team, we are looking for two
for the ifo Center for Social Market Economy and Institutional Economis located in Fürth
at the postdoc level for up to six years, starting in June 2022 or at the earliest possible, who will conduct research in the field of public economics, behavioral economics, or another economic research area relevant to the development of the social market economy.
The social market economy is a widely recognized economic and social model. It stands for the combination of economic efficiency with social balance and is therefore considered a model of success beyond Germany. The ifo Center for Social Market Economy and Institutional Economics in Fürth investigates how markets and government action should be designed to meet new challenges - such as demographic change, digitalization, climate change, and economic inequality. How can as many people as possible take advantage of the opportunities offered by a market economy? What influences people's attitudes regarding the economic system and economic policies?
We would like to answer these and other questions. Join us in this task!
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on economically and politico-economic issues of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and your career opportunities? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- You will conduct policy-oriented empirical economic research in a top-class research team.
- In line with our claim "Shaping the Economic Debate", you will contribute to the debate on economic and institutional policy.
- You can expect an interesting and challenging job at one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe.
- You will become part of the newly created research network of the ifo Institute and the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) and will be able to shape the development of the new ifo Center.
- You can participate in the Junior Faculty Development Program of the ifo Institute and have the opportunity to teach at the FAU.
- Through our close connection to the CESifo network with over 1,800 members from all over the world, you will have the opportunity for intensive international experience and networking.
- Your working contract will initially be limited to three years with an option to extend to up to six years.
- Your remuneration and occupational pension scheme will be based on the collective agreement for the public service of the Länder (TV-L). Depending on your publications, you will be classified in E 13 or E 14.
- With flexible working time arrangements, the possibility to work on a mobile basis, many opportunities for further education and training as well as research stays, we support you in your task and your personal development and enable you to combine family, leisure time and career.
- Your workplace is located in the old town of Fürth with fast connections to Nuremberg and beautiful surroundings.
- Employees who move from abroad receive a relocation allowance.
- We support non-German-speaking employees with German language courses.
Your area of responsibility
- You will conduct research in the field of public economics , behavioral economics, and other economic disciplines relevant to the development of the social market economy, contributing to solutions for current societal challenges.
- You will conceive, acquire, manage and work on third-party funded projects.
- You will publish your research results in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.
- You will make your research results accessible to the general public.
Your qualifications and interests
- You have a degree in economics or a related field and have completed your PhD by job start.
- You conduct applied research and have an interest in current economic policy issues and policy advice.
- You have already proven your relevant knowledge and experience through articles in internationally recognized refereed journals or working papers suitable for publication.
- With excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, you will be able to interact confidently in the international network of researchers.
- Knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
- You are a team player and like to take responsibility for yourself and others.
With us, you will find an ideal working environment for excellent research. This was also confirmed by the European Commission, which awarded us the "HR Excellence in Research" award in 2019.
Our membership in the Familienpakt Bayern (Bavarian Family Pact) reinforces our measures to reconcile family and career.
We promote professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and therefore strongly encourage women to apply.
Then please send us your application documents with the 2022-013 FÜ-WM by 29 May 2022 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Letters of recommendation can be sent directly from the creator to the following email address: Recruiting(at)ifo.de. The letters will then be added to your application in our system and forwarded to the appropriate people.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de.