Research Associate (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of “Ergonomics” is looking for
a Research Associate (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
in the field of Cognitive Modelling / Data Mining / Machine Learning / Computational Neuroscience
for the next possible date. The Position is initially limited to three years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who enjoys to integrate data from diverse sources for the understanding of human behavior. Therefore, the candidate should be able to plan and execute neuroscientific research projects in the field of cognitive modelling, model-based evaluation and simulation of cognitive and bioelectrical phenomena.
What we expect:
- a completed degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, statistics, biology, or mathematics and a very good doctorate in one of these fields
- knowledge of recent mathematical and statistical methods (including AI) is required
- knowledge of methods in the field of EEG is desirable
- a full-time position with currently 39.83 working hours per week
- remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- all social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- promotion of professional development
- outstanding research infrastructure and technical support [simulation laboratories, EEG (mobile and stationary), stress laboratory, fMRI, non-invasive brain stimulation]
- a positive working environment in a supporting team
- flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- an interesting, responsible, and varied workplace
- attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. Where appropriate, there is also the possibility of part-time work.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Edmund Wascher, Phone: +49-231 1084-362,
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your application with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, references, copies of certificates, list of grades, list of publications) * by 31.10.21 with the subject "PostDoc Data21". preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative, we will accept your application by mail to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
(We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.)