Administrative Director (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi), Bamberg
The Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi) is a renowned German educational research institute with currently about 190 employees and is affiliated with the University of Bamberg. The mission of the Institute, which is also in charge of the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS), is to foster longitudinal educational research. LIfBi is a member of the Leibniz Association and adheres to international standards of excellent science. As part of our successor regulation, we seek at the earliest possible date a suitable candidate for the position of
Administrative Director (f/m/d)
Member of the Board
We are looking forward to a personality who is convincing in both personal and professional terms, and who identifies with the following:
- Joint responsibility for the management of the Institute (Board)
- Full responsibility for financial and administrative areas (finance/controlling/program budget, HR, IT, legal, procurement, internal auditing, and facility management)
- Exercising the position of Budget Officer
- Management and further development (including digitization of services) of a service-oriented administration with 37 employees
- Setting up administrative processes that are optimally adapted to the requirements of the Institute’s scientific and infrastructural tasks
- Close and reliable cooperation with funding agencies from Federal Government and the State of Bavaria, with other institutions within the Leibniz Association, cooperation partners of the Institute, and the members of the LIfBi management conference
- Strategic creativity, sense of responsibility, leadership and negotiating skills, economic mindset as well as the ability to integrate
- Leadership experience in the administrative field, preferably in financial management of a research company/institution or in related fields of science
- Outstanding communication skills, cooperativeness, ability to work in a team, as well as social and intercultural competencies
- Experience in accounting with various funding agencies and budget responsibility
- Knowledge of the law on grants, public procurement, collective bargaining and associations
- Fluency in German and English, both spoken and written
Applicants with a scientific university degree—preferably with economic or legal qualifications or expertise—are eligible for these tasks.
Individuals with a comparable university degree obtained abroad may apply; women will be given priority within the framework of legal possibilities provided they are suitably qualified. Suitable applicants with a certified disability or persons of equivalent status receive preferential consideration in the case of otherwise essentially equal suitability, qualification, and professional performance.
- Appointment as Administrative Director of LIfBi by the Board of Trustees is for a duration of 5 years. Reappointment is possible. A permanent administrative position at middle management level is guaranteed as a fallback position
- The position is remunerated according to pay scale requirements of the collective agreement. Given the relevant qualifications and professional experience, this can be above the general pay scale
For further information, please contact our Consultant Dr. med. Olaf Amblank by phone, +49 (0)40 6887584-0. We kindly ask you to submit your application documents before September 30, 2020 to karriere(at)amblank-jung.de.
We strictly observe any blocking notices and GDPR as a matter of course. Please be aware that in the course of the recruitment process application documents will be forwarded to the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories and the partly external members of the selection committee.