CAD Engineer (m/f/d)
Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics / Leibniz-Institut für innovative Mikroelektronik (IHP), Frankfurt (Oder)
CAD Engineer (m/f/d)
in the field of Layout Processing for Lithography Mask Preparation
Job-ID: 71214/20 |Dept.: Technology |Salary: according TV-L |Working time: 40h/week |Limitation: initially 1 year with option of extension |Entry Date: 1.3.2020
IHP is an institute of the Leibniz Association and conducts research and development of silicon-based systems and ultra high-frequency circuits and technologies including new materials. It develops innovative solutions for application areas such as wireless and broadband communication, security, medical technology, industry 4.0, automotive industry, and aerospace. IHP employs approximately 330 people. It operates a pilot line for technological developments and the preparation of high-speed circuits with 0.13/0.25 µm BiCMOS technologies, located in a 1000 m² class 1 cleanroom.
- Support of mask generation for existing BiCMOS technologies
- Data processing and database handling of customers inputs over the different technologies offered in IHPs Research and Prototyping Service
- Automation and support for the layout generation of photomasks design
- Development and design support for the development of new technologies
- Design, development and documentation of monitoring structures for product qualification
- Optimization of the data flow
- Communicating and reporting issues to colleagues and customers
- Master's degree in the field of physics, (micro-) engineering, electronics or a Bachelor’s degree with a relevant experience in the field of microelectronics and semiconductors
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments and some scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Tcl, Calibre-SVRF, TexEDA-Laytools
- Knowledge about semiconductor technologies, analogue and digital circuit design, EDA operation principles
- Very good English language skills
- Basic German skills are an advantage. Deepening German language skills is expected and encouraged, for example in in-house courses
Do research in a challenging, multinational and technologically leading edge environment giving you excellent career opportunities. You will have the chances to establish an international reputation at the edge of top-notch technologies. It is important to us to support the individual career developments of our employees (e.g. conferences, advanced trainings) as well as to meet their personal need through flexible working hours and the possibility to work off-site.
The compatibility of work and family is highly valued. IHP is TOTAL E-QUALITY-certified for equal opportunities for women and men at work and actively pursues the equality of all gender and all groups of people. We promote the professional development of women and strongly encourage them to apply. Disabled applicants, qualified according to the above criteria, will be given preference over other candidates with equivalent qualifications.
Have we sparked your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your application until January 31st 2021 via our online application form.
For further information regarding the position please contact Dr. René Scholz, scholz(at)ihp-microelectronics.com.