Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Leibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN), Kiel
The Leibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education (IPN), a foundation under public law based in Kiel, is one of the most renowned national educational research institutes with currently 180 employees. The mission of the IPN is to further develop and promote science and mathematics education through its research.
Outstanding scientific results can only be achieved in the medium and long term in an environment that meets the challenges of digitalization and provides a modern IT infrastructure.
From January 1, 2020, the IPN therefore wants to fill the position of
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
If the appropriate conditions are fulfilled, a pay grade up to TV-L 15 is possible.
The CIO will also be the IPN's representative for IT security.
The future CIO will
- lead and be responsible for the IT department at the IPN and manage it both technically and organizationally
- develop the digitalization strategy of the IPN in a continuous updating process and implement it in close coordination with the institute’s management in the areas of teaching, research, library, and administration
- be responsible for the development and implementation of hardware and software solutions for employees in research and administration
- promote close links between the IPN, the IT center of Kiel University, and other research partners
Candidates for this position should have:
- A university degree or a degree from a university of applied sciences (diploma or master's degree) in information technology or computer science
- Several years of professional experience in a management position in IT
- Extensive knowledge of IT management and service processes
- Experience as a project manager and in process management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the development of application systems based on databases
- Leadership competence, the ability to work in a team, flexibility, and resilience
- Analytical competencies
- Initiative and negotiation skills
- Service orientation
- A high level of English language skills
We offer an interesting, well-equipped workplace at a renowned educational research institute of the Leibniz Association. A challenging and varied field of work awaits you in a team of motivated and qualified colleagues. We offer flexible working time models and family-friendly working conditions certified in the “berufundfamilie” audit.
Female candidates with appropriate qualifications will be given priority within the framework of the legal possibilities. We explicitly welcome applications from people with a migration background. The IPN is committed to employing people with disabilities. For this reason, candidates with disabilities who have the appropriate qualifications will also be given priority.
Applications, including all the usual documents, should be submitted in electronic form as a PDF document - we do not accept applications that include a photo of the applicant and we therefore specifically ask you to not include a photo on your application - to the IPN Human Resources Department (bewerbung(at)ipn.uni-kiel.de) by August 18, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact the Managing Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. Olaf Köller (koeller(at)ipn.uni-kiel.de).