Computer Science (m/f/d)
FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure
FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure is an internationally leading provider of scientific information and services. We provide patent and research information for science and industry. To this end, we index very large amounts of data from many different sources. In addition we develop and operate innovative information services and e-research solutions for a precise research and intelligent analysis of these data. For this purpose we conduct applied researches. Our customers include international market leaders from the pharmaceutical and chemical industries as well as large patent offices and research institutions.
At our Berlin location, we create the information system zbMATH and products and services derived from it. In the coming years, zbMATH will be transformed into an Open Access platform. For the innovative and exciting tasks connected with this we are looking for a
computer scientist (m/f/d)
for our Berlin location the next possible date.
- Cross-linking, visualization and integration of research results for zbMATH Open
- Integration of zbMATH Open with external services
- Development and dissemination of APIs, especially for the utilization of zbMATH data in collections of mathematical research data, other services, platforms and research projects
- Development of derived services, e.g. integrated search functions and visualizations
- Integration of external research results (notably of projects made possible by open zbMATH data)
- Consolidation of project results
Qualifications and Skills:
- Computer Scientist or Mathematician (diploma or master's degree), PhD desired
- Very good overview of modern information technologies
- Very good knowledge of mathematical research data desirable
- Programming experience is required (Python, SQL)
- Experience with development, maintenance and management of open source software and related development and management tools
- Experience in project acquisition and creation of proposals is an advantage
- Very good networking within the mathematical community desired, in particular good contacts to German and European mathematical research institutes desirable
The advertised position gives you the opportunity to contribute to the development of advanced information services in an innovative scientific and technical environment. We offer you interesting tasks within international collaborations as well as performance-oriented career opportunities. Our highly flexible working time models take both your family’s and our organization’s situation and requirements into account. FIZ Karlsruhe considers itself a family-friendly organization and practices equal opportunities. Since October 2016 we have been certified by the audit berufundfamilie.
Your salary will be based on the collective agreement for public sector employees (German Tarifvertrag öffentlicher Dienst (TVöD)) and will depend on your profile. The position is limited to two years with an optional extension.
FIZ Karlsruhe is committed to promoting the careers of women and therefore looks forward to receiving applications by female candidates. FIZ Karlsruhe also positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified disabled people. Information on data protection for applicants can be found at www.fiz-karlsruhe.de/en/stellenanzeigen.
Please send your complete application documents by e-mail, quoting the reference number 28/2020, to
FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz-Institut für Informationsinfrastruktur GmbH
Frau Nadine Lambert