Computer scientist/Programmer (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Potsdam
The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy is a pioneer and a driver of bioeconomy research. We create the scientific foundation to transform agricultural, food, industrial and energy systems into a comprehensive bio-based circular economy. We develop and integrate techniques, processes and management strategies, effectively converging technologies to intelligently crosslink highly diverse bioeconomic production systems and to control them in a knowledge-based, adaptive and largely automated manner. We conduct research in dialogue with society - knowledge-motivated and application-inspired.
For the establishment and support of interdisciplinary research at the Leibniz Innovation Farm for Sustainable Bioeconomy, financed by Zukunftsinvestitionsfond of the State of Brandenburg, we are looking for Jan 1st, 2022 for a committed
Computer scientist/Programmer (m/f/d)
for the task Configuration, support and management of Research Data Infrastructure.
- Establishing an interdisciplinary collaboration and data platform for research-related information on research projects, reports, raw data, devices, sensors, sensor services, tools and applications.
The core functionalities of the platform are to be:
- Storage of metadata and data sets
- Linking of different information
- Publication of information
- Data retrieval
- User access management
- Operation and maintenance of the platform
- Further development of the platform in close collaboration with scientific staff and other initiatives in the research data management sector (software, server, sensor connection, implementation of further functions and tools, e.g. dashboards)
- Supporting the advisor for research data management
- Successfully completed university degree (BSc, MSc, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)) in Applied Informatics, Data Science, Agricultural Informatics or similar, ideally with a focus on software development and data base administration
- Very good knowledge and experience in software development (e.g. C/C++, Python)
- Very good knowledge and experience in data base administration (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.)
- Experienced in API development and connectivity
- Experienced in Linux systems and implementation and adaptation of open source software (e.g. use of Docker and Docker Compose via CKAN routines)
- Confident handling of version control, software development and community tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Experienced in IT project management, hardware configuration, management information systems, network technology, technical informatics, system programming
- Confident handling of project management and office communication software
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and creativity, intercultural competence
- Goal-oriented and independent working, ability to work under pressure, high sense of responsibility
Welcome is experience in/knowledge of:
- Experimental measurement technologies
- Driving licence (class B)
- An attractive, interdisciplinary working environment in an international and committed team
- The opportunity to contribute to solving pressing societal challenges
- A challenging and interesting job with access to national and international networks for your further career
- Family-friendly working conditions that promote the compatibility of work and family life
- Company-owned electric bicycles for business trips
Our institute is located on the edge of a picturesque park-like landscape and it is also easy to reach by public transport or by bike.
The salary is based on your qualification and professional experience according to TV-L. The full-time position (40 hrs/week) is limited until 31.12.2026 according to the project duration of the Leibniz Innovation Farm project. It is suitable for part-time work to a limited extent (min. 75%).
For further information please contact Dr. Matthias Senft (msenft(at)atb-potsdam.de).
If you would like to contribute your professional competence to our interdisciplinary research, please apply in English or German by the following deadline 10 October 2021 using ATB’s online application form for the job advertisement, code 2021-LIH-3, at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/career/vacancies. Applications received after the application deadline cannot be considered.
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
By submitting an application, you agree that your job application documents will be stored for a period of six months, even in the case of an unsuccessful application. Further information on the processing, storage and protection of your personal data can be found at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/services/data-protection-declaration-for-the-application-process.