Computer Specialist / IT system administrator (m/f/d) Main focus on high-performance computing
Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Potsdam
The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy is a pioneer and a driver of bioeconomy research. We create the scientific foundation to transform agricultural, food, industrial and energy systems into a comprehensive bio-based circular economy. We develop and integrate techniques, processes and management strategies, effectively converging technologies to intelligently crosslink highly diverse bioeconomic production systems and to control them in a knowledge-based, adaptive and largely automated manner. We conduct research in dialogue with society - knowledge-motivated and application-inspired.
To strengthen the Department Data Science in Bioeconomy, we are looking for a
Computer Specialist / IT system administrator (m/f/d)
Main focus on high-performance computing
As a member of Department Data Science in Bioeconomy, you will be involved in the provision, continuous monitoring and forward-looking expansion of a portfolio of IT services.
- Establishment, operation and further development of an HPC cluster
- Installation, customization and development of scientific computing applications on the HPC cluster
- Supporting researchers in using the HPC cluster and optimizing HPC jobs
- Hardware maintenance of the HPC cluster and support with the installation and maintenance of servers and components
- Programming and maintenance of databases
- Successfully completed studies with a focus on computer science (Bachelor, Master, Diploma (FH)) or successfully completed training as an IT specialist in system integration with several years of experience, alternatively verifiable comparable knowledge and professional experience
- Very good knowledge in operating and handling Linux operating systems
- Good programming skills in a scripting language, preferably Python/Bash
- Very good knowledge in the area of network, firewall and security
- Very good knowledge of MacOS and Linux
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Good written and spoken English
- Willingness to familiarize yourself intensively with IT systems and to undergo further training
- Distinct analytical, technical and service-oriented way of working in a team
- Flexibility, creativity, willingness to cooperate and excellent communication skills
- High sense of responsibility, reliability, personal commitment and goal-oriented and independent working style
- A challenging and interesting job in the service area for science
- A well-founded familiarization within the task area as well as further education
- Family-friendly working conditions that promote the compatibility of work and family life
- Supplementary company pension via the VBL
- Participation on the VBB company ticket
- Company-owned electric bicycles and vehicles for business trips
If you want to help shape the ongoing, comprehensive digitization of agriculture, you are exactly right with us. In the administration of the IT systems for science and administration, you can expect a varied and independent job as a system administrator as well as an attractive working environment and a highly motivated team. You can look forward to flexible working hours (flextime, mobile working) and high job security. Our institute is located on the edge of a picturesque park-like landscape and can also be easily reached by public transport or by bicycle.
The salary of this full-time position (40 h per week) is based on your qualification and professional experience according to TV-L. If the relevant requirements are met, an IT specialist allowance may be granted.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Marina Höhne (mhoehne(at)atb-potsdam.de).
If you would like to contribute your professional competence to our interdisciplinary research, please apply by the following deadline December 14th, 2022 using ATB’s online application form for the job advertisement, code 2022-DS-1, at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/career/vacancies. Applications received after the application deadline cannot be considered.
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
By submitting an application, you agree that your job application documents will be stored for a period of six months, even in the case of an unsuccessful application. Further information on the processing, storage and protection of your personal data can be found at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/services/data-protection-declaration-for-the-application-process.