Consultant (m/f/d) in the field of research funding by the European Union (EU)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
For the department \"Human Resources, Technology Transfer and Communication\" at our location in Dortmund we are looking for a
consultant (m/f/d) in the field of research funding by the European Union (EU)
- preparing information on possibilities for funding research projects, in particular on EU-funded collaborative projects and mobility programmes; advising ISAS scientists on applying for funding
- research of relevant economic, labour market and science policy information and its integration into project proposals and reports as a basis for the further development of the ISAS research strategy
- supporting project leaders in the planning and management of research cooperations and joint projects
- contributing to the preparation of contents of scientific projects for the public relations of the ISAS
- assisting in the maintenance of the Institute\'s databases for the documentation of research results and data as well as activities of the Institute coordination of inquiries from foreign researchers of all career levels regarding job opportunities at the Institute and starting work in Germany; participation in the development and implementation of strategies for recruiting scientific personnel from abroad
- successfully completed academic degree in natural sciences with life science orientation or comparable education, ideally supplemented by a doctorate in the subject area
- good project management skills; commercial skills, e.g. from previous vocational training or relevant in-service training, are desirable, but not a prerequisite
- application-safe knowledge of the framework conditions and structures of EU research funding; professional experience in this field is an advantage
- fluent command of the German language (language level C2 or comparable); fluent command of English (language level at least C1 or comparable), both spoken and written
- experienced handling of the MS-Office-Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- very good ability to communicate across disciplines and to prepare scientific publications for specific target groups
- willingness to travel on business in Gemany and abroad
Applicants should have a structured, well-organised working style and be open to adapting regularly to new and changing research initiatives in order to adequately support their implementation into eliglible projects. If you also enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team with a focus on research management, we look forward to receiving your application.
The full-time position is available immediately. The remuneration is based on the TV-L.
ISAS pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men and aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are under-represented. Applications from severely disabled people are welcome.
Applications should contain: A cover letter with a short presentation of yourself, which ideally underlines your interest in working at ISAS and your particular suitability for the position advertised, your curriculum vitae as well as copies of diplomas and references. Please send your complete and informative application documents as a pdf document by 20 July 2019, quoting the reference number 07/2019, by e-mail to personal(at)isas.de. Informal requests are welcome and can be directed to the Human Resources Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information about the institute can be found at: http://www.isas.de.