Department assistant (f/m/d)
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a department assistant to support the head of
Department assistant (f/m/d)
Prof. Dr. Sarah Necker and the team of the newly established ifo Center from June 2022 or as soon as possible.
For the ifo Center for Social Market Economy and Institutional Economics located in Fürth.
The ifo Center for Social Market Economy and Institutional Economics in Fürth investigates how markets and government action should be designed to meet new challenges - such as demographic change, digitalization, climate change, and economic inequality.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to economics and economic policy of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at ifo? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- We offer a job that makes sense: With excellent administrative and internal service, you will contribute to the excellent performance level of the department and to its reputation as an excellent research center for social market economy and institutional economics, thus contributing to our public mission.
- We offer you an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic environment, where you can make things happen with your commitment and ideas.
- We attach great importance to personal values and are a professional team.
- With us, you have a secure job with a permanent employment contract. The company pension plan and your salary are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L). The position is classified in pay group 9a with the possibility of advancement to pay group 9b.
- Work-life balance is important to us: Within the framework of our company agreement, you can work flexibly and partly remotely.
- We attach great importance to further education and support our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Your workplace is located in the old town of Fürth with fast connections to Nuremberg and beautiful surroundings.
- Employees who move from abroad receive an allowance for relocation costs.
Your area of responsibility
You will support the team on a full-time or part-time basis through administrative department management:
- You manage the divisional secretariat in German and English.
- You plan the appointments and business trips for the head of the department.
- You apply for and organize the business trips and settle them.
You support the scientific work of the department:
- You prepare project applications, e.g., with cost calculations.
- You administratively supervise third-party funded projects.
- You conduct literature and data research and prepare diagrams and presentations.
Other assistant activities complete your scope of duties:
- You plan and organize workshops, lectures, symposia and conferences in German and English-speaking contexts.
- You coordinate and update the work planning of the department.
- You will assist in the compilation of the annual statistical data on the scientific output of the department.
What you bring
- A qualified apprenticeship completed with very good results, or a higher degree.
- Interest in economic policy issues.
- Several years of experience in a commercial or administrative role.
- A professional handling of MS Office applications and the Internet.
- Knowledge of LaTeX software or the willingness to learn ist.
- Excellent command of German and English.
- A friendly manner, high service orientation and the ability to communicate confidently with different professional groups.
- Initiative and the willingness to familiarize yourself with new topics .
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity.
Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2022-014 FÜ-BA by 29. Mai 2022 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de