Doctoral candidate Geoecology/Carbonate Sedimentology (w/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research GmbH (www.leibniz-zmt.de) is an independent research and teaching institute that provides scientific knowledge for the protection and sustainable use of tropical coastal ecosystems. To this end, we work in an inter- and transdisciplinary manner with our partners in the tropics. The ZMT is a member of the Leibniz Association.
The working group in Geoecology/Carbonate Sedimentology is seeking to fill an opening for a doctoral candidate.
Doctoral candidate (gn)
- Analysis sediment samples recovered during RV Meteor cruise 193 in the Red Sea
- Sediment analysis, taxonomy of carbonate components, in particular benthic taxa such as foraminifers
- Collaboration with international partners in the project
- Preparation of publications and doctoral thesis
- MSc in sedimentology, focus on carbonate sedimentology
- Profound knowledge and interest in carbonate facies
- Experience in taxonomy of benthic foraminifers
- Experience with laboratory methods of sediment analysis
- Very good communication and writing skills in English.
- Team player, curiosity, creativity, reliability
- You can relate to the mission of ZMT
In case of questions please contact Prof. Dr. Hildegard Westphal, leader of the working group in Geoecology/Carbonate Sedimentology at hildegard.westphal(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Details of position:
Salary will be paid according to the German TV-L (EG 13). The position is available for part-time (2/3 of a full-time position) employment starting April 1st, 2024 for 36 months. ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status. The ZMT values its diverse workforce and pursues the goal of providing equal opportunity, which incorporates gender neutrality (gn). We will be happy to accept your documents without a photo.
- A dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- Interesting, versatile and challenging tasks
- Family-friendly working conditions with certification by the Work and Family Audit
- Diverse health promotion measures
Submission of application:
Please submit your CV including publication list, a brief statement of motivation and research interests, and the names and contact information of two referees by 15.01.2024as a single pdf file with the reference number “19-GCS” to Ms. Carina Seemann, email: bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen.