Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology (LSB), Freising
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high-performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
Our research group "Metabolic Functions & Biosignals" at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is looking for
doctoral student (m/f/d)
to start on 1/10/2020 (65% TV-L 13). The position is to be filled for a period of 4 years.
Your area of responsibility includes
- Chemical characterization of satiating food constituents
- Development and implementation of in vitro assays to analyze satiating taste-actives in foods
- Development and implementation of human intervention studies including sensory trials
- Taking on organizational tasks
The ideal applicant holds a degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, food chemistry, life science (state examination, diploma, master's degree) or has a comparable qualification, and solid English language skills. We are looking for a candidate with high self-motivation, the ability to work independently, as well as outstanding organizational and team skills.
Together with internationally recognized experts, you conduct research aimed at improving foodstuffs and promoting healthy human nutrition.
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer
- a performance-related salary in accordance with TV-L, in-line with your personal qualifications and the personal prerequisites
- an interesting and varied task area in the field of university research
- a motivated team that is looking forward to welcoming you
- flexible working times enabling a good compatibility of work and family
- company pension scheme
- special annual payment
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any questions to Prof. Dr. Veronika Somoza (v.somoza.leibniz-lsb(at)tum.de) and send your application containing your comprehensive cv and transcripts as well as names of three potential references electronically to the following address, citing the reference number 2020-07-S2-VS to Anja Magalowski (Personalabteilung), recruiting.leibniz-lsb(at)tum.de.
Take advantage of this opportunity and contact us!