Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology (LSB), Freising
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high-performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
Our research group "Nucleic Acid Research" at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is looking for
doctoral student (m/f/d)
to start on 1/10/2020 (65% TV-L 13). The position is to be filled for a period of 4 years.
Your area of responsibility includes
- Development, assembly and testing of a new chemical photolithography device for nucleic acid microarray synthesis
- Development of new chemical and enzymatic approaches to DNA synthesis and assembly
- Design of large and complex DNA sequence libraries and enzymatic amplification thereof
- Photolithographic synthesis of DNA arrays for use in spatial transcriptomics experiments
- Development and validation of spatial transcriptomics approaches, including plant and animal tissue handling, preparing samples for sequencing, and analysis of sequencing data
- Coordination of research with national and international partners
The ideal applicant holds a degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, food chemistry, life science (state examination, diploma, master's degree) or has a comparable qualification, and solid English language skills. We are looking for a candidate with high self-motivation, the ability to work and acquire new skills independently, as well as outstanding organizational and team skills. The candidate must be willing to travel nationally and internationally for training.
Together with internationally recognized experts, you conduct research aimed at improving foodstuffs and promoting healthy human nutrition.
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer
- a performance-related salary in accordance with TV-L, in-line with your personal qualifications and the personal prerequisites
- an interesting and and varied task area in the field of university research
- a motivated team that is looking forward to welcoming you
- flexible working times enabling, a good compatibility of work and family
- company pension scheme
- special annual payment
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any questions to Dr. Mark Somoza (m.somoza.leibniz-lsb(at)tum.de) and send your application containing your comprehensive cv and transcripts as well as names of three potential references electronically to the following address, citing the reference number 2020-12-S1-MS, Anja Magalowski (Personalabteilung), recruiting.leibniz-lsb(at)tum.de.
Take advantage of this opportunity and contact us!