Doctoral Student (m/f/d) (75%) for the ifo Center for Energy, Climate and Resources
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
The ifo Center for the Economics of Energy, Climate and Resources has an immediate vacancy for a doctoral student (m/f/d) to complete a PhD in economics at the chair of the Center Director Prof Karen Pittel at the University of Munich and to work on research projects in energy and climate economics.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It deals with economically and politically relevant issues at the highest scientific level and with an international reputation and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, policy advice, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
How can economic development be shaped sustainably? The ifo Centre for Energy, Climate and Resources is investigating this question. In particular, it conducts research on the effectiveness of climate protection measures worldwide and regionally, including the change from fossil energy systems to alternative energy sources. It also deals with the political, economic and social challenges arising from the use of natural resources.
Further information on the ifo Institute and its career can be found at https://www.ifo.de/ueber-uns/ifo-Karriere
- Research in the field of energy economics, in particular on the transformation and modelling of energy systems and technological progress in the energy sector
- Working on research projects in energy and climate economics
- Completing a PhD in economics at the Chair of Center Director Prof Karen Pittel at the LMU
- Participation in the structured doctoral student training programme run by the LMU’s Graduate School of Economics
- A strong Masters with a focus on economics, energy economics, energy engineering, mathematics or a related field.
- Sound background in energy economics and a fundamental interest in numerical methods of optimization.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good German language skills
- Comprehensive further scientific qualification at one of Germany’s best economics faculties and involvement in the policy-oriented empirical economics research of one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes, as well as the opportunity to acquire enriching international experience.
- Flexible working hours
- Many opportunities for further education and training
- A working contract initially limited to three years with an option to extend.
- Compensation based on the German public service pay scale (75%, TV-L E13)
- Relocation allowance for employees who move in from abroad
- German language courses for non-German-speeking employees
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or worldview, disability, age or sexual identity. It aims to increase the proportion of women in research and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
Please submit your completed application under reference number 2020-007 EKR-DOK by 1. March 2020 preferably via email to ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, Poschingerstraße 5, 81679 Munich
Please send your covering letter, curriculum vitae and certificates as a single pdf file.
Should you require any further information, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de.