Doctoral Student (m/f/d) / Experimental Diabetology and Research Group Genetics of Obesity
German Institute of Human Nutrition (DIfE), Potsdam-Rehbrücke
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
starting as soon as possible.
As part of the EU program OBELISK, the overall goal of the project is to cut the roots of the pandemic of obesity in Europe targeting children first. Therefore, the PhD student will use muscle and adipose tissue samples from human and mice after different lifestyle interventions for multi-omics analysis. Furthermore, in order to gain insights into the molecular function of candidates, CRISPR-Cas9 method or/and knockout mice in combination with deep molecular phenotyping will be included in the project.
Within the thesis, the student will learn to conduct an independent research project, collaborate with experimental and bioinformatic researchers in an international consortium, analyze and interpret experimental data, and formulate findings in scientific journals.
Your Skills and Requirements
- Excellent M.Sc. (or equivalent) in biology, life sciences, or related biomedical field
- Knowledge and basic laboratory-based skills related to metabolism and molecular biology
- Interest and motivation to use bioinformatic tools
- High degree of motivation and ability to work in an interactive research environment
- Excellent English language skills
- Qualified training with intensive scientific supervision and collaboration in an interdisciplinary team as part of a structured PhD program
- A dynamic and interactive research environment as well as outstanding working conditions and state-of-the-art equipment
- Remuneration according to TV-L pay group 13 (65 %)
The advertised position is to be filled for a limited period of 3 years.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please submit your documents (cover letter detailing your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as single pdf-file with reference no. 2023_W07_L by e-mail to jobs(at)dife.de.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact:
Prof. Dr. Annette Schürmann
Head of the Department of Experimental Diabetology
PD Dr. Heike Vogel
Head Research Group Genetics of Obesity
Phone: +49 33200 88-4545
By submitting your application documents, you grant us the right to collect, process, and use your personal data exclusively for the application selection process. For further information about your rights according to the data protection law, please contact the department Human Resources and Social Services (jobs(at)dife.de).