Doctoral Student Plasma Plus Corona (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP), Greifswald
The INP is collaborating within a BMBF funded project with the research center Borstel and Heinrich Pette Institute in order to investigate cold atmospheric pressure plasma application in intensive care. The project involves development, adaptation, and characterization of plasma devices in order to make plasma application useful and accessible for intensive anti-viral care.
For the project team, we offer a position in Greifswald starting on 1st April 2021 as
Doctoral Student Plasma Plus Corona (m/f/d)
Fixed term contract for 3 years/Part-time appointment (27 hours/week)/Target salary: TV-L E 13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You participate in the development and operation of cold atmospheric plasma (CAP) devices and CAP device systems for direct and indirect anti-viral application
- You correlate the CAP effectivity to anti-viral application with plasma, liquid and gas phase diagnostics
- You qualify CAP devices and systems concerning safe operating conditions for potential medical application
- You measure and simulate aerosol distribution
- You interact with an interdisciplinary team from physicists to medical stuff including presenting scientific results
- You publish scientific results on scientific conferences and in peer reviewed journals
- Very good university-level qualification (Master’s degree or equivalent) in plasma technology, physics, bio-physics, chemistry or related natural sciences
- Understanding of at least two diagnostic areas: experimental plasma (optical and electrical), gas or liquid phase diagnostics, preferably of CAP
- Optionally you have a background in medical or plasma device development.
- Optionally you are experienced with aerosol generation, distribution and detection.
- Analytical competencies and problem-oriented thinking
- Fluent English, German optional
- Experienced team worker, willingness and joy for independent work
- Very high communication skills, individual initiative and extraordinary engagement are required
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to the collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative work environment
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Doctorate tandem: Experienced and professional assistance throughout your PhD
- Opportunities for professional development (e.g. project management, acquisition of third-party funding)
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- In-house German course free of charge
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
- Sports courses in our institute rooms
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, references) giving the keyword „0380 Doctoral Student Plasma Plus Corona“- preferably via our online application form - until 4th January 2021.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For further information and inquiries, please contact Dr. Torsten Gerling (gerling(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs. Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any of your expenses for applications and job interviews due to budgetary regulations.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.