Doctorate Student (m/f/d)
Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center (FZB), Borstel
We are announcing a part-time position as
Doctorate Student (m/f/d)
in the newly established Research group Immunoproteasomes in lung health and disease.
Topic: Immunoproteasome regulation in lung diseases
The Research Center Borstel – Leibniz Lung Center (RCB) is an internationally renowned research institute with, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central tasks are research and patient care in the field of respiratory diseases. We operate both, basic research infrastructures and a medical clinic. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention, and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
The RCB is looking for a highly motivated doctorate candidate to work in the newly established Meiners lab on immunoproteasome function in lung health and disease.
The immunoproteasome is a specialized inducible type of proteasome which functions in immune cell responses and protective anti-viral T cell immunity. Recent evidence suggests that it is also induced by cellular stress and might thus play a broader role in the regulation of cellular stress and immune responses. The project aims to develop in vitro models for immunoproteasome overexpression and characterize novel mouse models with conditional expression of the immunoproteasome in experimental models of acute and chronic lung diseases.
- MSc (or equivalent) in natural or life sciences
- High motivation, independent and creative thinking as well as scientific enthusiasm
- Background in immunology is of advantage
- Experience in cell or molecular biology and biochemistry
- The willingness to work under biosafety level 3 conditions and with animals is required
- Experience in mouse experimentation is of advantage
- Interest in bioinformatics
- Good command of the English language
- A workplace located in a top class research center close to Hamburg
- Participation in a productive and active team
- Personal atmosphere and support
- Payment according to TVöD-VKA (65%) incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
- Family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours
- Childcare center and workplace health promotion
The Research Center Borstel is an equal opportunity employer that actively supports inclusivity and diversity. We are certified by audit berufundfamilie. We encourage female candidates to apply and will treat them favorably in case of equal qualifications. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be preferred.
Doctorate students at the RCB participate at the Borstel Biomedical Research School that offers a structured doctorate program, including lectures and regular meetings.
For more information about our certifications, please visit our homepage.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Silke Meiners (smeiners(at)fz-borstel.de).
Please apply with the usual documents (without photo) by 15.11.2021 on our website www.fz-borstel.de.