FAIRagro – IT System Administrator (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
FAIRagro is a consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) in Germany. Aims and tasks of FAIRagro comprise the development of a networked research data management for agrosystems research and the establishment of an interoperable, scalable, quality-assured and user-friendly research data infrastructure under consideration of the FAIR principles. FAIRagro will make research data findable (F), accessible (A), interoperable (I), and reusable (R) by other researchers.
We are offering a part time 50% position starting at 1st March 2023 for five years - subject to a positive funding approval - at our location in Müncheberg as
FAIRagro – IT System Administrator (f/m/d)
- development of central services of the FAIRagro consortium (e.g. user management, help desk, CRM, Open Project, RDMO) within the ZALF IT infrastructure according to current IT security standards (e.g. requirements of the BSI)
- ensuring the smooth operation of central FAIRagro services
- virtualization (docker, kubernetes), data backup, software distribution
- monitoring, troubleshooting and continuous optimization of the systems
- planning and implementation of software and system updates
- documentation of system operations and activities
- support and training of users
- a completed education or degree in the IT field or several years of experience in this field
- good knowledge with Kubernetes, Docker or similar virtualization techniques
- experience in the administration of complex IT landscapes (Windows, Linux, VMware)
- versatile interest in new technologies and openness to learn new topics and programming languages
- high level of initiative, excellent communication and teamwork skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- very good knowledge of German (cf. C1 CEFR level) and English, both written and spoken
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG 11 (including special annual payment, mobile work, family-friendly personnel management, further training, supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VB-L))
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- support for work-life balance certified by berufundfamilie audit
- support for professional and interdisciplinary further education and qualification
- climate-conscious organization (purchasing, vehicle fleet, energy management) certified according to EMAS
- natural, meaningful work on the outskirts of Berlin
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 131-2022 until 11 December 2022 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Xenia Specka, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-217.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.