FAIRagro: Project Coordinator (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
FAIRagro is a consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) in Germany. Aims and tasks of FAIRagro comprise the development of a networked research data management for agrosystems research and the establishment of an interoperable, scalable, quality-assured and user-friendly research data infrastructure under consideration of the FAIR principles. FAIRagro will make research data findable (F), accessible (A), interoperable (I), and reusable (R) by other researchers.
We are offering a full time position starting at 1st March 2023 for five years - subject to a positive funding approval - at our location in Müncheberg as
FAIRagro: Project Coordinator (f/m/d)
- manage the FAIRagro consortium and the day-to-day project coordination activities therein
- prepare and track schedules, timelines, milestones and manage activities for consortium leadership and for consortium
- exchange and network with other consortia in the NFDI and participate in inter-consortium activities (regular meetings of speakers and coordinators, representation of spokesperson at association meetings, etc.)
- planning and execution of project meetings
- assist in project planning and prioritization of projects using established project management tools
- collaborate with senior staff on the preparation and submission of progress reports
- taking minutes of project meetings and creating action plans
- PhD/Dr. or MSc. in a natural or agricultural science discipline or in research data management
- ability to scientifically understand FAIRagro work packages, initiate and oversee the necessary steps to address them
- ability to engage in scientific discourse with senior scientists to advance FAIRagro
- 2-4 years of scientific project management experience
- demonstrated ability to apply basic project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- previous demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple individual projects or portions of larger projects
- hands-on experience with commonly available project management software applications
- effective oral and written communication skills; ability to convey difficult information and deal with people with a high degree of decorum and tact
- strong attention to detail with good planning, organization, task efficiency and time management skills
- high level of initiative, excellent communication and teamwork skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- very good knowledge of written and spoken German (cf. C1 CEFR level) and English
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to (including special annual payment, mobile work, family-friendly personnel management, further training, supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VB-L))
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- support for work-life balance certified by berufundfamilie audit
- support for professional and interdisciplinary further education and qualification
- climate-conscious organization (purchasing, vehicle fleet, energy management) certified according to EMAS
- natural, meaningful work on the outskirts of Berlin
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 133-2022 until 11 December 2022 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Xenia Specka, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-217.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.