Group Leader (m/f/d)
Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics / Leibniz-Institut für innovative Mikroelektronik (IHP), Frankfurt (Oder)
IHP is an institute of the Leibniz Association and conducts research and development of silicon-based systems and ultra high-frequency circuits and technologies including new materials. It develops innovative solutions for application areas such as wireless and broadband communication, security, medical technology, industry 4.0, automotive industry, and aerospace. IHP employs approximately 330 people. It operates a pilot line for technological developments and the preparation of high-speed circuits with 0.13/0.25 µm BiCMOS technologies, located in a 1000m² class 1 cleanroom.
- Initiation, development and technical management of a research group in the field of high performance RF-mixed-signal ASIC design with focus on Nyquist rate RF AD and DA converters in the GS/s range
- Fields of work include mixed-signal circuits for RF signal synthesis as well as analog RF signal processing and conditioning with high demands on switching speed, jitter and phase noise
- Research in novel circuit and system concepts aiming at pushing the state of the art on international level regarding the achieved performance
- Active acquisition of publically funded and industrial projects
- PhD degree in the field of electrical engineering or comparable subject area
- Several years of in-depth expertise in ASIC development, preferably in the field of RF
- Proven expertise in analog circuit design
- Knowledge of digital signal processing and basic knowledge of digital circuit design
- Proficient knowledge of the English language
- Basic German language skills. Deepening language skills is expected and encouraged, for example in in-house courses
Do research in a challenging, multinational and technologically leading edge environment giving you excellent career opportunities. You will use our own high-performance SiGe-BiCMOS technologies and, if required, external semiconductor technologies in cooperation projects. Within the scope of the projects you will work closely with internal and external working groups and coordinate the cooperation. You will have the chance to gain your international reputation at the edge of top-notch technologies. It is important to us to support the individual career developments (e.g. conferences, advanced trainings) as well as the personal needs of our employees by offering flexible working hours and the possibility to work off-site. The compatibility of work and family is highly valued.
IHP is certified for equal opportunities for women and men at work and actively pursues the equality of all groups of people. We promote the professional development of women and strongly encourage them to apply. Disabled applicants, qualified according to the above criteria, will be given preference over other candidates with equivalent relevant qualifications.
Have we sparked your interest?