Head of Research Programme Materials and Surfaces (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP), Greifswald
SMART PEOPLE WANTED!
The Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP) is the biggest non-university institution in the field of low-temperature plasmas in Europe and ranks among the most modern institutions in this field worldwide. We are engaged in research and development FROM IDEA TO PROTOTYPE. In an international working environment, we deal with socially relevant challenges in the fields of Materials & Energy as well as Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 employees at three locations in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Do you want to take on the scientific management of a dynamic and talented research team? Do you desire to participate in the development of a research programme?
You are enthusiastic about technology and like working creatively in a team of like-minded scientists, engineers and technicians?
Then you might be interested in the following job offer!
For our research team, we are looking to recruit for the location in Greifswald at the earliest possible date a
Head of Research (m/f/d)
Programme Materials and Surfaces
(Weekly working time 40 hours/ TV-L Ost wage group E 14)
You will take on the scientific and administrative management of the research programme „Materials and Surfaces“. A highly motivated team of physicists, chemists and engineers as well as modern, comprehensive and highly specialized laboratory and diagnostic equipment await you. The focus of the research programme currently lies on the surface modification and material synthesis of new materials in particular for technologies for the use of renewable energies, for e-mobility and for optical and other functional coatings. Your area of responsibility includes, inter alia, laboratories for the operation of PVD and PECVD reactors as well as several atmospheric pressure plasma processes for surface modification and material treatment. An extension of the processes currently used at the INP is welcome. In addition, a comprehensive surface diagnostic equipment (e.g. SEM, XPS, XRD) and analytical methods are available.
Within the scope of your diverse and challenging tasks, you will:
- develop and consolidate the strategy of your research programme focusing on attractive scientific and application oriented topics in coordination with the scientific management of the INP
- exploit new industrial application areas
- raise third-party funds provided by public and industrial funding
- care about the extension and maintaining of existing contacts to recognised institutes in Germany and abroad and to industrial cooperation partners
- manage ongoing projects in cooperation with the respective project leaders
- carry out your own research activities
- write an appropriate number of papers
- successfully completed higher education studies (Master or Diploma) preferably in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science or Material Science, PhD or equivalent performance in the industry
- several years of leadership experience and experience of project management desirable
- demonstrable (papers, projects) expertise in the areas of surface technologies, synthesis or analysis of materials, mechanical engineering or control engineering
- industrial experience would be an advantage
- high commitment
- demonstrable experience in raising third-party funds
- Payment and social services according to the collective wage agreement on Länder (TVL-Ost) including company pension
- Creative surrounding with technical facilities at the highest level
- A highly motivated research team and an open-minded management team
- Innovative topics of overall social and international relevance
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of working from a home office
- A working environment certified as family-friendly
For further information and inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Uhrlandt (phone: 03834-554 461; e-mail: uhrlandt(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Unfortunately, the INP cannot refund any application expenses.
What counts is your performance as well as your personality regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Please send your complete application giving the keyword „0299 – Head of Research Programme Materials and Surfaces” - preferably via our online application form - until 15th August 2019 to the INP, Human Resources Department Mrs Lembke, Felix-Hausdorff-Str. 2, 17489 Greifswald, bewu(at)inp-greifswald.de.
Please present your scientific and professional career in your letter of motivation and describe your future research proposals. A list of your most relevant publications as well as your previous obtainment of third-party funds is enclosed.