Head of the program area Processing Technology (m/f/d) in connection with the W 3 - Professorship Processing of Composite Materials in the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering at TU Kaiserslautern
Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe (IVW), Kaiserslautern
The Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe GmbH (IVW) is one of the leading non-profit research institutes in the field of composite materials. The institute's task is to further develop the technical applications and application possibilities of composite materials as well as to transfer existing knowledge to companies within the framework of technology transfer and to support spin-offs. The institute works closely with related departments and institutes of the Technischen Universität Kaiserslautern as well as with local research institutions. In doing so, it primarily addresses issues in the areas of mobility, energy/climate/environment, health and production technology. The 3 program areas of the institute "Materials Science", "Component Development" and "Manufacturing Science" cover the process chain of composites.
As a member of the management team we are looking for a
Head of the program area Processing Technology (m/f/d)
in connection with the
W 3 - Professorship Processing of Composite Materials
in the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering at TU Kaiserslautern (successor to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Mitschang)
The appointment to the professorship is made with simultaneous leave of absence to the Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe GmbH (Jülich Model). The Technische Universität Kaiserslautern and the Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe GmbH carry out the appointment in a joint procedure.
- Scientific and technical management of the Manufacturing Science program area.
- Professional and disciplinary management of scientific staff, laboratory engineers, technicians and non-scientific personnel
- Acquisition and management of basic research projects, research projects on a national and international level within the framework of joint projects as well as in direct cooperation with industry or in cooperation with the local scientific institutions
- Scientific guidance of employees with the goal of obtaining a doctorate
- Technical management and further development of research and the institute's fields of competence in the area of processing technology, in particular new and further development of processing methods
- Teaching duties for bachelor and master courses, in particular materials science and materials engineering as well as production engineering and automotive engineering
- Extensive research and development experience in the field of composites/plastics technology or in closely related fields, preferably also abroad
- Above-average doctorate
- Many years of relevant professional experience as well as experience in personnel management
- Excellent scientific achievements proven by habilitation or equivalent achievements or industrial experience in a responsible position, optionally also in a non-university research institution
- Leadership skills and ability to work in a team, communication skills, organizational talent, creativity and scientific depth, very good command of written and spoken English
- Proven teaching skills and teaching experience
In addition to the general service requirements, the hiring requirements regulated in Section 49 of the Rhineland-Palatinate Higher Education Act apply. https://www.landesrecht.rlp.de/bsrp/document/jlr-HSchulGRP2020pG7
We offer you a leadership role in an international and multidisciplinary team of researchers and developers. Compensation appropriate to the high demands will be provided. The Technische Universität Kaiserslautern and IVW strive for a higher percentage of women in the scientific field and strongly encourage qualified female academics to apply. The TU Kaiserslautern is a family-friendly university, it values the diversity of its members and enables equal opportunities for all. Severely disabled persons will be given preference for employment if they are suitable (please attach proof).
For further information please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ulf Breuer, ulf.breuer(at)ivw.uni-kl.de, +49 631/2017- 102.
Written or electronic applications should be sent by 15 August 2022 to:
Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
Dekan des Fachbereichs Maschinenbau und Verfahrenstechnik
With your application, you agree to the further internal processing of your data for official purposes in accordance with the European Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) and the State Data Protection Act RLP.
Please note that with regard to the applicable legal basis, the German version of the job advertisement is binding.