Image Analysis Staff Scientist (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP), Berlin
The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) belongs to the „Forschungsverbund Berlin e. V. (FVB)“. The FVB is an institution of seven natural sciences research institutes in Berlin funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and the association of its federal states. The research institutes belong to the Leibniz association.
The Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP) is a non-university academic research organisation dedicated to basic biomedical research and is located at the Research Campus Berlin Buch in close vicinity to the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine and the Charité Experimental and Clinical Research Center.
The Cellular Imaging Facility at the FMP offers advanced light and electron microscopy equipment to investigate molecular interactions and cellular structures. We provide access for about 100 users to widefield, confocal, super-resolution (STED, STORM) and electron microscopes (TEM, FIB-SEM). Additionally we develop customized assays based on advanced spectroscopy and microscopy techniques (FRET, FLIM, TIRF, STED, STORM, CLEM) and automated microscopy. Our research interests cover membrane trafficking [1,2] and cell-to-cell adhesion  as well as development of fluorescent labels  and custom image analysis . To support our users with Image Analysis and further develop our imaging platform we are looking for a Image Analysis Staff Scientist (m/f/d), (Job offer 01/2023) working 39 hours/week initially temporary limited to 2 years with the potential of extension and starting as soon as possible.
- Development of novel algorithms for image & data processing
- Collaboration with researchers in projects that include quantitative image processing, super-resolution microscopy, live-cell imaging and correlative Light and Electron Microscopy
- Implementation of automated microscopy acquisition with feedback from image analysis
- Collection, improvement and customization of existing analysis tools
- Train user & Teach courses for Image & Data Analysis (ImageJ, Huygens, Imaris, Matlab, Prism)
- Maintenance of Facility IT
- Bachelor, Master/Engineer or PhD in (Bio)Informatics, (Bio)physics, Biochemistry, Applied mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis
- Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (e.g. ImageJ, Python or Matlab)
- Familiarity with cellular imaging and microscopy techniques is a plus
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary projects is advantageous
- Very good English skills and strong team player with excellent communication skills
For more information please contact
Dr. Martin Lehmann
Phone: 030 94793-218
Salaries will be based on TVöD. We offer an attractive environment in a pleasant, friendly working atmosphere with an excellent infrastructure, employment with all benefits of the public service, continuing education and trainingand family service. In 2013 the institute was awarded the certificate of the audit Beruf und Familie as a family-friendly employer.
We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
How to Apply
On the FMP homepage please go to “Stellenangebote/Jobs” and click first on this advertisement and then “Online bewerben”. Please send your application documents including motivation letter, CV and names and contacts of references before February 20th 2023.
We are looking forward to your application!