Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). The institute also maintains locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
FAIRagro is a consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) in Germany. Aims and tasks of FAIRagro comprise the development of a networked research data management for agrosystems research and the establishment of an interoperable, scalable, quality-assured and user-friendly research data infrastructure under consideration of the FAIR principles. FAIRagro will make research data findable (F), accessible (A), interoperable (I), and reusable (R) by other researchers.
We are offering a part-tim (50%) position starting from now until end of February 2028 at our location in Müncheberg as
We are looking for an experienced IT-Administrator (m/f/d) to build and maintain a robust and scalable collaboration infrastructure for FAIRagro, building on our existing infrastructure.
- design, build and maintain a collaboration infrastructure for the FAIRagro project
- implement federated user authentication for secure access control (AAI)
- set up a file exchange system with a focus on security and data protection; build a platform for collaborative work on documents and project data
- establishment and operation of a ticket system for managing user requests and issues (help desk) and a CRM system for managing customer relationships and project data (Zammad)
- setup of an online survey system (e.g. LimeSurvey)
- establishment of an RDMO system (Research Data Management) for the organization and management of research data
You will perform this task using Infrastructure-as-Code approaches and configuration management tools and ensure monitoring, optimization and continuous improvement of the infrastructure.
- a completed education or degree in the IT field or several years of experience in this field
- solid knowledge of configuring and managing collaboration infrastructures (e.g. Nextcloud)
- experience with federated user authentication (e.g., SAML, OAuth)
- strong knowledge of at least one Infrastructure-as-Code platform (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet) and knowledge of security and data protection
- experience with Linux and Windows-based environments;
- high level of initiative, excellent communication and teamwork skills in interdisciplinary environments
- as an internationally research institution, located in Germany we expect good to very good written and spoken English skills or a willingness to take part in further training as part of the language courses offered internally
- knowledge of containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- familiarity with configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, SaltStack, Ansible)
- understanding of DevOps principles and experience with CI/CD pipelines (ArgoCD)
- experience working with research projects and their specific requirements
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to E11 (including special annual payment, mobile work, family-friendly personnel management, further training, supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VB-L))
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- support for work-life balance certified by berufundfamilie audit
- support for professional and interdisciplinary further education and qualification
- climate-conscious organization (purchasing, vehicle fleet, energy management) certified according to EMAS
- natural, meaningful work on the outskirts of Berlin
- company ticket
- in-house language courses in German and English
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. The filling of the position in part-time is possible in principle. Please send your application preferably online with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 12-2024 until March 12, 2024.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Xenia Specka (specka(at)zalf.de).
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.