IT Operations Specialist (f/m/d) Information Technology
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
We are looking for an
IT Operations Analyst (f/m/d)
to join our IT team and be responsible for our Microsoft Windows and O365 based IT landscape.
IT provides support services for all ifo employees: User, infrastructure and application support are our three main pillars. As part of ifo's IT strategy, our department is moving toward providing IT as a shared service. In doing so, we scrutinize existing IT solutions and constantly develop them further. We communicate with ifo users in the language of the users, and our IT services are designed to improve user productivity and efficiency. Now you have the chance to be part of such a change.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to economics and economic policy of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at ifo? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- We offer a job that is meaningful: You support the work of our employees, especially our scientists, and thus contribute to our public mission.
- Would you like to work in an appreciative and professional team? Then you have come to the right place! The team will train you in a structured manner and offer mutual assistance in tricky technical situations. We work according to the deputy regulation.
- We offer you an interesting and varied job in a dynamic environment where you can make things happen with commitment and ideas.
- With us, you have a secure job with a permanent full-time employment contract.
- Your remuneration and the company pension scheme are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L). The classification depends on your previous knowledge and possible scope of duties.
- Work-life balance is important to us: Within the framework of our company agreement, you can work very flexible and remotely, and we will provide you with the best possible, modern and comprehensive equipment.
- We attach great importance to continuing education and support our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Our institute is a great place to work with its own garden and close to the Isar and the English Garden.
- Employees who move to Munich or the surrounding area from a radius of 200 km or more receive a relocation allowance after passing their probationary period.
Your area of responsibility
- Together with your colleagues in the IT team, you will be responsible for the administration and co-design of the IT infrastructures of around 350 digital workstations in a mainly Microsoft-based environment (Hyper-V, Azur-AD, O365, etc.). For this purpose, you will also have access to external experts/service managers in the respective topics.
- You support our team as a technical contact person in the area of IT security (ifo EDR solution, VPN, firewall, network structure, etc.).
- You will personally support our scientists* and administrative staff* as a technical contact person in all IT issues - on site, on the phone and via remote maintenance.
- You will advise our users on all IT issues and assist in strategic planning.
- You will contribute your own ideas to continuously improve the IT support services at the ifo Institute. To this end, we provide you with the latest IT technology.
- You work on the continuous optimization of IT operations by automating recurring steps and processes.
- You document workflows and recurring requirements.
What we expect from you
- Even more important to us than an education in IT systems engineering or a degree in computer science are your professional experience and affinity in the area of IT infrastructure administration, especially with Windows servers, MS-Exchange/Exchange-Online, IT security, data backup, anti-virus, firewall, etc.
- If possible, you have project and technical experience in the environment of Windows Server 2012/2019, integrations and migrations of on-premises solutions to O365 products from the manufacturer Microsoft.
- A friendly and helpful manner is a matter of course for you.
- You bring your own initiative and the willingness to familiarize yourself with new topics.
- Very good German and English skills round off your profile.
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity.
Interested? Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2023-024 IT-OS by June 18, 2023 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de.