Leader Working Group Geodata (Service) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The working group “Geodata” is part of the Research Platform “Data Analysis and Simulation”. The tasks of the service working group include the provision of a joint, quality-assured, consistent and documented geodata basis for landscape research as well as standard components for the processing of spatial data. For the spatial data infrastructure, consistent standards for spatial data formats, spatial services and applications are mandatory. For the implementation at ZALF, existing standard software and international standards are used wherever possible.
The working group coordinates the national data infrastructure for soil and agricultural research data (www.bonares.de) established within the BonaRes Data Centre (funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research), which will be consolidated in the next years. Under the leadership of ZALF and coordinated by this working group, the consortium NFDI4Agri (www.nfdi4agri.de) has formed for submission of a proposal for the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) call.
We are offering a full-time position at our location in Münchebeger as
Leader Working Group Geodata (Service) (m/f/d)
- You will head the working group Geodata
- You are responsible for (i) the operation of the scientific data flow within, (ii) the data acquisition from external providers for and (iii) further development of the research data infrastructure at ZALF
- You will lead the data repository within the BonaRes Centre for Soil Research and be responsible for the coordination of the NFDI4Agri consortium and ZALF activities therein
- You should represent ZALF and expand its role in national and international networks in research data management
- You are responsible for raising external funds in the field of research data management and to take a leading role in respective large consortia
- You prepare research reports and presentations of research results and can contribute to scientific publications
- University degree in geoinformatics. environmental or agricultural sciences, preferably with PhD
- Professional experience with development and maintenance of data infrastructures and data portals especially with relational database management systems, including geodata management
- Very good knowledge of current concepts of semantic web, information retrieval, navigation, user interfaces, national and international data standards
- Years of experience with the development of application software, especially web applications with GIS and database connections for provision and visualization of research data from soil sciences, agricultural sciences, geosciences or biosciences
- Experience in leading interdisciplinary, international research groups and consortia
- Proactive engagement, excellent communication and teamwork skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- Proficiency in English and German (written and spoken)
- An interdisciplinary work environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- Salary classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to level 14 (depending on qualification) and including special annual payment
- A collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favoured. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 50-2020 until July 24, 2020 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Gunnar Lischeid, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-300.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at http://www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.