Mass spectrometry Lab Manager/Engineer (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
For the group of Spatial Metabolomics in the department Bioanalysis at our location in Dortmund we are looking for a
Mass spectrometry Lab Manager/Engineer (m/f/d).
The position is envisaged to support various lab activities related to spatial metabolomics research projects mainly focused on improving treatment outcomes in cardiovascular and cancer disease using mass spectrometry based metabolomics technologies. We will be developing mass spectrometry and imaging tools for 3D cell cultured organoid models and clinical samples.
- Day to day activities for the management of mass spectrometers such as LC-MS, MALDI, particularly Orbitraps
- Biological sample preparation for metabolomics analysis, extraction of metabolites, lipids, drug compounds from tissues, biofluids and cell culture systems
- General laboratory organization (ordering, preparation of reagents, protocols, biobank and database management, etc.)
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, quality checks and operation of mass spectrometers, chromatographic systems, pipetting robots, cell culture systems and other lab equipment
- Ordering and management of lab chemicals, reagents, and instrument spare parts, and consumables inventory
- Working together with group of PhD and Post-doc researchers to support their research project activities and experiments
- Master or bachelor degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- 1-2 years of experience of working in bioanalytical laboratory
- Hands-on experience with High resolution mass spectrometers, LC-MS, MALDI and biological sample preparation
- Good communication skills in English. Knowledge of German can be an advantage
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply. Applications from severely disabled people are welcome.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately and offered for four years.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Applications should contain: A cover letter with a short presentation of yourself, which ideally underlines your interest in working at ISAS and your particular suitability for the position advertised, your curriculum vitae as well as copies of diplomas and references. Please send your complete and informative application documents as a pdf document by 16th December 2021, quoting the reference number 42/2021, by e-mail to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal requests are welcome and can be directed to the Human Resources Office (personal(at)isas.de).
Further information about the institute can be found at http://www.isas.de.