Master student (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology (LSB), Freising
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high-performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
The research group Transcriptome & Proteome profiling / Section I at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is currently looking for a student to start her/his internship with a possibility to continue a Master thesis as
Master student (m/f/d)
“Spatial transcriptomics of plant tissues using in-house synthesized microarrays”
The task area includes:
- Literature research
- Discussion and critical questioning of obtained results
- Microarray synthesis and establishing the spatial transcriptomics workflow
Ideal applicants must have:
- The ability to work independently and carefully
- Knowledge of the guidelines for ensuring good scientific practice
- Theoretical knowledge in the field of plant cell and molecular biology and ideally practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer you.
- A responsible area of responsibility in the field of university research
- A friendly work environment and a motivated team that looks forward to meeting you
- Flexible working hours and thus a good work-life balance
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any questions on current topics to Dr. Maya Giridhar (m.giridhar.leibniz-lsb(at)tum.de) and get in touch if you think you would be interested in the available position.
Send your application with the usual documents, containing your comprehensive CV, letter of motivation as well as transcripts electronically as a PDF file, citing the reference number 2022-12-S1-MG to Katharina Ranner (Human Resources Department) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on data protection
As a part of your application for a position at Leibniz-LSB@TUM, you have submitted personal data to us. Please note Please note our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the data protection information of Leibniz-LSB@TUM.