Open Call: Independent Group Leader Track Positions (f/m/d) Focusing on: New approaches to integrate function and information in materials
DWI - Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials, Aachen
You are a highly talented and committed chemist, biologist or scientist in a related field enthusiastic about developing new materials? You are holding a doctoral degree with initial postdoc experience and you are aiming for the next big step in your academic career? You are a team player who loves to work in an interdisciplinary environment and who enjoys supervising students? Then you might like to apply for an Independent Group Leader Track Position at the DWI – Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials in Aachen.
The DWI is a research institute of the Leibniz Association, funded by the German federal and state governments and located on the Campus Melaten of RWTH Aachen University. Inspired by the properties of natural materials, scientists from various disciplines develop interactive materials at the DWI for future applications in biomedicine as well as in the fields of sustainability and information technology.
DWI puts great effort into the promotion of young scientists at all career levels. One high priority of DWI is to nurture Independent Research Groups, led by outstanding junior researchers. A number of ambitious and talented young scientists get the opportunity to establish an Independent Research Group at DWI to build their career and reputation while holding a time-limited position at DWI. They have the freedom to develop their own research ideas and are encouraged to apply for grants independently. To be prepared for future leadership positions, they take over the responsibility for their own research team, supervise substantial infrastructure of DWI and are involved in the work of the DWI Scientific Board.
In order to start building up future Independent Group Leaders, DWI is seeking to hire candidates for several ‘Independent Group Leader Track Positions’.
As a candidate, you will benefit from:
- access to the DWI infrastructure and know-how available at the institute
- financial support enabling initial experiments and building up a small research team
- mentoring by DWI’s Scientific Board members to help fine-tuning research ideas and to benefit from the stimulating environment at DWI
- time to write proposals to get funding for further assembling your research team and to become Independent Group Leader
- collaborative projects together with other scientists at DWI and beyond, with the goal of building a network and obtaining additional funds
Following the overall scientific target to develop new approaches to integrate function and information in materials, potential fields of research include:
- Polymer mechanochemistry
- Soft matter information materials
- Living materials
- Out-of-equilibrium soft matter systems
- Magneto-responsive materials
- Sustainable materials
- A company pension scheme within the framework of VBL
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible and family-friendly working conditions
- An open and team-oriented working atmosphere in an international environment
- The support of a very dedicated team
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Good traffic situation including parking garage
- Restaurants and cafeterias in the immediate vicinity
- Proximity to the city center
How to apply:
If you are interested and open to new professional challenges, we look forward to receiving your application. Please upload your complete application documents via DWI’s recruiting website. By submitting your application, you agree to the electronic processing of your data.
The DWI values diversity and therefore welcomes all applications – regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. We offer our employees a wide range of career opportunities in an appealing working environment and have established various measures to ensure equal opportunities and to improve the compatibility of work and family. The salary is based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L).
For more information about the DWI, please visit our homepage at www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de.