PhD or Postdoctoral position (m/f/d)
Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics / Leibniz-Institut für innovative Mikroelektronik (IHP), Frankfurt (Oder)
Job-ID: 3093/21 | Department: System Architectures | Salary: according TV-L | Working time: 40h/week (part-time work option) | Limitation: initially 2 years with option of extension| Entry Date: 1.1.2022
As a member of the research group Wireless Broadband Communications within the department System Architectures you will contribute to research in wireless communication technologies. Your tasks will include the theoretical and experimental investigation of novel modulation schemes (e.g., Orthogonal Time Frequency Space modulation) and high-speed forward error correction. An international team of more than 20 scientists including very experienced scientists as well as several PhD students is looking forward to work with you. Flat hierarchies and mutual support are important to us. We see diversity of perspectives as a great advantage for our team. We strive for a balanced gender mix in our team.
- Master’s or PhD degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or a comparable study area
- Strong background in (wireless) communication systems
- Good knowledge of Matlab or comparable software (e.g., Octave)
- Experience in lab equipment and measurement capabilities (power supplies, multimeters , oscilloscopes)
- Practical skills in constructing embedded systems
- Confidently handle the English language.
Not mandatory but beneficial:
- Knowledge of lab equipment (arbitrary waveform generators, spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers)
- Practical skills in constructing hardware-in-the-loop experimental platforms
- Knowledge in THz communication
- Experience in VHDL/Verilog, FPGA, or microcontrollers
- Knowledge in ASIC design and simulation
Application deadline 30.11.2021.