PhD position (f/m/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
The ‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of Psychology and Neurosciences is seeking a
PhD position (f/m/d)
The position is limited to 3 years.
The DFG-funded project applies neurophysiological (TMS, tDCS, EEG, MRI) and cognitive methods to study the impact of the solvent toluolon human brain physiology in healthy adult humans, and patients sufferening from symptoms associated with chronic exposition.
- Planning and implementation of research projects
- Learning and application of non-invasive brain stimulation techniques, structural and functional imaging
- Evaluation of research results including statistical analysis (including general linear model, functional connectivity)
- Publication of the research in international journals
- Active participation in national and international conferences
- Willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary projects
- completed studies in neuroscience, biology, psychology, medicine or similar (Master or Diploma)
- Interest in scientific work (doctorate)
- Interest in or knowledge of collecting and evaluating neurophysiological data (e.g. TMS, tDCS, EEG, MRI)
- excellent written and oral command of the English language, German language capabilities advantageous
- above-average communication and organizational skills
What can you expect?
A dynamic, highly motivated international working group, offering opportunities for cooperation and exchange as well as for developing your own ideas.
- A part-time position with currently 25,89 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- an interesting, responsible and varied workplace
- good accessibility by public transport
- Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates until the 10th of December 2021 with the subject “PhD NeMo” preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.