PhD position (m/f/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The junior research group "Neuroimaging and Interindividual Differences" (Dep. Psychology and Neuroscience) is seeking a
PhD position (m/f/d)
The position is limited to a period of 3 years.
The project is part of a collaborative research center SFB 1280 “Extinction Learning” which is an interdisciplinary network of partners from the fields of psychology, medicine, neuroinformatics and biology funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). Scientists from the Ruhr University Bochum and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Duisburg-Essen, the Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at the Technical University of Dortmund and the Philipps University of Marburg are cooperating.
Description of activities
- An exciting project on human fear and extinction learning
- Using advanced multimodal imaging techniques for testing the extent to which dynamic network interactions within the extinction network and beyond reflect learning
- Acquisition using high-resolution 7T imaging
- Performing the experiments using simultaneous EEG and 3T fMRI recordings, which will provide the electrophysiological basis for the aforementioned interactions
- Learning how to apply the experiments using simultaneous EEG and fMRI recordings
- Evaluation and publication of research results including statistical analysis
- Degree in cognitive neuroscience, psychology, biology, medicine or equivalent (master's or diploma
- Interest in scientific work (doctorate)
- Interest in or knowledge of collecting and analyzing neurophysiological data (EEG, (f)MRI, DWI)
- Matlab or Python programming skills for data analysis would be an advantage
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language, German language skills would be an advantage
- Above average communication and organizational skills
- A part-time position with currently 25,89 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- promotion of professional development
- good accessibility by public transport
- Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
If you have questions, please contact: Dr. Erhan Genç, genc(at)ifado.de, Phone.: 0231 1084 520.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates including the reference code " PhD SFB1280 A03" until December 31, 2021, preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.