PhD student (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The independent research group Grain Legume Genomics investigates the genetic basis of nutritional value in grain legumes. Research is mainly focussed on faba bean (Vicia faba). We will apply genebank genomics and pan-genomics approaches to drive the informed genetic improvement of agronomic traits, protein quality and nutritional value.
- Analysis of genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS) and whole-genome resequencing data of genebank accessions
- Building pan-genome with chromosome-scale genome assemblies and cataloguing structural variants
- Population genomic analysis of resequencing data
- Mapping traits by Genome-wide association study (GWAS)
You fit to us:
- if you are interested in the genetics of crop plants and/or computational biology
- if you are open-minded, active and strongly motivated
- if you like to work in multicultural working environment
- if you see your future in academic research
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Master’s degree in bioinformatics or related fields
- You have experience in plant genomics
- You have knowledge of one programing and/or scripting language
- Solid English skills are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural environment
We offer you:
- an interdisciplinary research environment at the intersection of life sciences and informatics
- a part-time position (65%) limited to 36 months with a standard salary up to TV-L E 13
- an entry from 1 January 2022 on.´
If you need further information, please feel free to contactDr. Murukarthick Jayakodi (+49 (0) 39482 5428) directly.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 7.11.2021 via online-application.
If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 40/10/21 in your correspondence.
Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.
Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of a later hiring: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-of-comparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html