PhD student (m/f/d)
Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center (FZB), Borstel
We are announcing a part-time position as
PhD student (m/f/d)
The position is offered for 3 years.
The Research Center Borstel (RCB) is an internationally operating Lung Center within the Leibniz Association, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central task is basic and translational research in the field of respiratory diseases. We operate extensive laboratory and research infrastructures. Academically, we are closely linked with neighboring universities (Lübeck, Kiel) and clinically with the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
The project is a subproject of the DFG-funded research training group (RTG2633) “Autoimmune Pre-Disease”. will investigate the role of Th2 cytokine in the disease manifestations in the lung in a novel mouse model of systemic sclerosis. Furthermore, efficacy of treatment targeting Th2 cytokines will be evaluated in this mouse model. Therefore, your task is associated with performance and evaluation of disease models in vitro and in animal experiments in vivo, histological, Immunological, molecular and cell biological analyses in vitro and data evaluation, compilation and presentation, publication preparation.
- M. Sc. in natural/life sciences (biology, biochemistry or equivalent)
- Strong background in immunology and willingness to work with animal models
- Practical experience in immunological, molecular and cell biological methods as well as in animal experiments
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Motivation and flexibility, ability to interact with national and international project partners
- Your new workplace is located in a top class research center close to Hamburg
- Participation in a productive and active team
- Personal atmosphere and support
- Payment according to TVöD-VKA incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
- Family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours
- Childcare centre and workplace health promotion
The FZB is certified for the "berufundfamilie" audit and specifically promotes the compatibility of career and family. The under-represented gender is given special consideration while maintaining the same professional and personal aptitude. Severely handicapped persons with otherwise equal aptitude are also given preferential consideration.
For more information about our certifications, please visit our homepage.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Xinhua Yu or Prof. Dr. Frank Petersen on 04537-1882520 or 04537-1884510. Please send your application with the usual documents (without photo) up to 31.12.2021 to our website www.fz-borstel.de.