PhD student (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology (LSB), Freising
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high-performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
The research group Biosystems Chemistry and Human Metabolism at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is currently looking for a scientist to start on 1.6.2022 as
PhD student (m/f/d)
to collaborate in a project “analytical metabolomics studies of dietary bioactive diterpene glycosides”, which is supervised by Dr. Roman Lang. The position is to be filled on a part-time (65%, TV-L 13) basis for a period of 1 year with the option to extend for further 3 years.
Your area of responsibility includes
- Development of work flows to isolate and purify bioactive diterpene glycosides from plant material
- Establishing microsomes-based in-vitro metabolism to study formation of metabolites, and upscaling for preparative isolation
- Structure-elucidation of generated metabolites with NMR and MS techniques
- Development of targeted MS and MS/MS based quantitation methods for analysis of such metabolites in biosamples (urine, blood, saliva)
- Collaboration in the LC-MS-Team
- Care of the preparative and analytical LC-systems
The ideal applicant has
- an MSc degree in food science/food chemistry
- previous knowledge in compound isolation and purification with preparative liquid chromatography
- previous knowledge in quantitative analysis, particularly U(H)PLC-MS/MS and stable-isotope dilution analysis
- interest in metabolomics-oriented aspects in the area of food chemistry
Together with internationally recognized experts, you conduct research aimed at improving foodstuffs and promoting healthy human nutrition.
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer
- a performance-related salary in accordance with TV-L, in-line with your personal qualifications and the personal prerequisites
- an interesting and varied task area in the field of university research
- a motivated team that is looking forward to welcoming you
- flexible working times and therefore good compatibility of work and family
- company pension scheme
- special annual payment
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any questions on current topics to Mr. Dr. Roman Lang (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send your application with the usual documents/containing your comprehensive CV and transcripts as well as names of three potential references electronically as a merged PDF file to the following address, citing the reference number 2022-06-S1-RL to Kama Dukat-Bauer (Administrative Staff) at email@example.com.
Take advantage of this opportunity and contact us!
Notes on data protection
As a part of your application for a position at Leibniz-LSB@TUM, you have submitted personal data to us. Please note our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the data protection information of Leibniz-LSB@TUM.