PhD student (m/f/d)
Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM), Hamburg
The Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) is the largest Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Germany and member of the Leibniz Research Association, the National Reference Centre for Tropical Pathogens, and a WHO Collaborating Centre. The Molecular Infection Immunology Group of the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine in Hamburg is looking as of 1 October 2021 for a highly motivated
PhD student in natural sciences (m/f/d)
– 65% EG 13 TV-AVH –
to fill the position. The project focuses on the influence of sex hormones on cells of the innate immune system and is integrated into the research group 5068 "Sex Difference in Immunity". In particular, the position involves the investigation of androgen-dependent signalling pathways in monocytes and neutrophil granulocytes of human origin. Further information on the research fields of the working group can be found here.
- very good degree in natural sciences (MSc)
- in-depth immunological knowledge
- experience in flow cytometry, isolation and cultivation of primary cells of the immune system, multicytokine analyses, basic molecular biology knowledge
- interest in biochemical correlations (receptor signalling cascades), bioinformatics
- ability to work in a team and commitment to the research group
- English spoken and written
- high level of commitment
- independent and creative work
- interesting work as part of challenging projects in an interdisciplinary research area at an institute of the Leibniz Research Association
- integration into an open-minded, motivated and supportive team
- a central location at the Landungsbrücken, easily accessible by public transport
- 30 days of vacation per year
- flexible and family-friendly working hours
- subsidy for childcare
- subsidy for the HVV-ProfiTicket
- company pension scheme
- opportunities for further education and training
- special conditions in selected sports and fitness clubs in Hamburg
The position is limited to 3.5 years and is remunerated in accordance with the rules of the public service under TV-AVH (collective agreement of the Arbeitsrechtlichen Vereinigung Hamburg e. V.).
We support our employees in achieving a work-life balance and promote the professional equality of women and men. We strive to assist women in their scientific career, increase the number of women in research and reduce under-representation in all areas and positions in general. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference when equally qualified.
Please send your application by 15.08.2021 via our job portal with the required documents (letter of motivation, detailed CV, all university certificates with grades and if applicable contact details of 2 references).
Alternatively you may apply by postal mail referring to "„Doktorand:in-molekulare Infektionsimmunologie“" to: Bernhard-Nocht-Institut für Tropenmedizin, Human Resources Department, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 74, D-20359 Hamburg.
If you have questions about the application/selection process, please contact Ms. Katja Bünger (buenger(at)bnitm.de).