PhD student (m/f/d)
Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center (FZB), Borstel
We are announcing a 65%-position as
PhD student (m/f/d)
The topic: Generation and characterization of an mouse model based on functional autoantibodies against G-protein-coupled receptors as a new pathogenetic concept of diseases
The position is offered for 3 years.
The Borstel Research Center is an internationally renowned research institute with 550 employees, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central task is research and patient care in the field of respiratory diseases. We operate both basic research infrastructures and a medical clinic. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
- Characterization of a novel mouse model of systemic sclerosis
- Determination of in vivo and in vitro effect autoantibodies against AT1R
- Identification of the target cells of autoantibodies against AT1R
- Investigation of the pathomechanisms of pulmonary disease mediated by autoimmunity against AT1R
- A master degree（or equivalent）with excellent grades in biology, microbiology or immunology
- Experience in handling of animal and in animal studies
- Strong interest and background in immunology
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Your new workplace is located in a top class research center close to Hamburg
- Participation in a productive and active team
- Personal atmosphere and support
- Payment according to TVöD-VKA incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
- Family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours
- Childcare centre and workplace health promotion
The FZB is certified for the "berufundfamilie" audit and specifically promotes the compatibility of career and family. The under-represented gender is given special consideration while maintaining the same professional and personal aptitude. Severely handicapped persons with otherwise equal aptitude are also given preferential consideration.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Xinhua Yu on phone +49 45371882520. Please apply with the usual documents (without photo) until 01.03.2020 via our website www.fz-borstel.de.
For us, your age, gender and sexual identity, your world view, your ethnicity or a handicap are not important. We are solely interested in your knowledge and skills and your ability to work in a team. If attractive work content and a solution-oriented approach are more important to you than formalities, you are in the right place!