PhD student position (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN), Dummerstorf
The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN) is a foundation under public law and member of the Leibniz Association. About 300 employees are performing basic and applied research in the field of the biology of farm animals. The Institute provides an interdisciplinary research environment and excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
The Institute of Genome Biology invites applications for a
PhD student position (m/f/d)
limited until 31.07.2023 starting as soon as possible.
Reference number: 2020-12
Research and own qualification within a collaborative project (“Molecular mechanisms of phosphate homeostasis and osteoimmunological processes and their consequences for health and welfare”) which is supported by the Leibniz ScienceCampus Phosphorus Research Rostock. The project aims to provide novel insight into molecular mechanisms for regulation of phosphorus metabolism and maintenance of phosphorus homeostasis. Furthermore, the response of the bone marrow niche to variable Vitamin D and phosphorus supplies will be studied. The interplay between the immune and skeletal systems and possible implications on orthotopic and ectopic mineralization processes are to be studied in pigs.
- Master degree, diploma, or an analogous degree in veterinary medicine, animal science, biology or related fields
- Expertise in cell culture and interest in genomics of farm animals is appreciated
- Willingness to work with pigs and poultry
- High motivation and ability to work in an international team
- Experience in dealing with standard PC programs and statistical software
- Fluency in English (oral and written); competence in German (oral) would be advantageous
We are offering:
- Interesting and challenging research in a performance-orientated and family-friendly environment
- Modern research facilities and a strong focus on international collaboration
- Employment conditions according to the provisions of Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L), remuneration at the level of 50% of salary grade 13 TV-L
- Participation in the graduate school of the Leibniz-ScienceCampus Phosphorus Research Rostock
- Pro-active support to facilitate integration into the new living environment and research culture
The Leibniz-FBN is committed to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are under-represented and suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and capacity to complete the project. We explicitly encourage applications from international candidates.
For more detailed information please contact Prof. Klaus Wimmers (wimmers(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de).
Application and travel expenses in the context of the application cannot be reimbursed. By submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of the application procedure.
We look forward to your application. Please send your application (preferable as pdf), including motivation letter, detailed CV, copies of diplomas and certificates, and the contact information of references to:
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology
Verwaltung (St.nr. 2020-12)
18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
or via e-mail to: personal(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de
The application and employment process to hire an eligible candidate are being accepted now and will run until an appropriate candidate is identified. For further information please visit our website at www.fbn-dummerstorf.de.