Post Doc (M/F/D) for Spectroscopy using Quantum Cascade Lasers
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP), Greifswald
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT - FROM IDEA TO PROTOTYPE
Our department of Plasma Diagnostics is engaged in the development and application of diagnostics for the characterization of plasma-chemical processes and plasma-surface interactions. Within the framework of a public funded project with focus on the characterization of novel types of quantum cascade lasers for application in laser spectroscopy we are looking to recruit at the Greifswald site starting at the earliest possible date a
POST DOC (M/F/D) for Spectroscopy using Quantum Cascade Lasers
Fixed term contract for 18 months with the option to be extended/ Full-time appointment (40 hours/week)/ Target salary: TV-L Ost/E13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishment of an experimental setup for the characterization of novel types of quantum cascade lasers (pulsed as well as cw) for spectroscopy;
- Analysis and characterization of the tuning behaviour of such lasers with the aim of optimization;
- Use of these lasers for the quantitative detection of molecular species in the gas phase or in a plasma.
Furthermore, you will:
- work together with scientists from the institute and the institutions of the project partners;
- prepare scientific publications;
- assist in the acquisition of third-party funds.
- Experimental physicist or chemist or equivalent degree with a completed PhD degree
- Very good knowledge in the ﬁeld of laser spectroscopy for the sensitive detection of molecules in the gas phase
- Experience with quantum cascade laser based spectroscopy
- Experience of diagnostics in the mid-infrared spectral range as well as in the THz spectral range
- Highly motivated and with the drive to advance scientiﬁc research in the ﬁeld of plasma diagnostics and plasma chemistry
- Experience in writing scientific reports and publications
- High degree of commitment, incentive, self-reliant working, ability to handle stress, team spirit, flexibility, reliability and problem-solving competence
- Confident manner and communicative personality
- Communicative skills in English (spoken and written) above average
- Very good computer skills are expected
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to collective salary agreement of Länder (TVL-Ost) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative working environment
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Opportunities for professional development (e.g. project management, acquisition of third-party funding)
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- In-house German course free of charge
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
- Sports courses in our institute rooms
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees and letters of reference) giving the keyword „0332 Post Doc Laserspectroscopy“- preferably via our online application form - until March 31st 2020.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Norbert Lang (tel. +49 3834/554 - 452; e-mail: lang(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any expenses associated with the application or job interview due to budgetary regulations.