Post-Doc Position (m/f/d) for Brain Physiological and Cognitive Studies
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
For the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience we are looking for the following position as of 1st of April 2023
a Post-Doc Position (m/f/d)
for brain physiological and cognitive studies in healthy humans. The position is initially limited to 4 years, with the option to extend.
This position is embedded in a new, Research group (FOR5429), entlitled „Modulation of brain networks for memory and learning by transcranial electrical brain stimulation: A systematic, lifespan approach“, and is funded by the DFG. The project connected with this position is one of eight research projects of this group. Within this project, we are developing reproducible, and personalized non-invasive brain stimulation by aid of neuronavigation and biophysical modelling, and their effects at the levels of cerebral acticity, and connectivity via magnetic resonnce imaging (MRI), and motor learning. These data will be also available for overarching scientific questions, and analyses. In the research group, we work close together with the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience of Free University Berlin, the Technical University of Denmark (Kopenhagen), as well as with scientific partners in Dresden, Leipzig, Dortmund, and Essen. The systematic and coordinated study design, and data analysis, over all projects will allow for the first time to identify neuronal and behavioral predictors of behavioral modification via non-invasive brain stimulation.
- Data management and analysis: aggregation and analysis of 3-T MRI brain data using high-end MR software solutions in collaboration with experts from the consortium; current flow modeling and analysis of functional and structural data.
- Coordination and execution of optimal data collection, storage and processing within the research -processing, within the research group in collaboration with the central management project; in this project the influence of transcranial direct current stimulation in MRI on motor learning is investigated.
- Co-development of centralized data processing methods in close cooperation with scientific staff of the subprojects
- Support of the central data management within the research group
- Supervision of student assistants, bachelor and master students as well as medical PhD students
- Development of own research ideas
- Presentation of results at national and international conferences, preparation of publications
- Graduates holding a PhD in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, Engineering, Medicine or related specialities
- Interest in scientific work in the following fields: psychology (neuropsychology), cognitive neurology (aging and Alzheimer's dementia), cognitive neuroscience
- Solid experience in MRI data collection and analysis is desirable (SPM, FSL, or similar)
- Expertise in non-invasive brain stimulation in humans
- Experience with programming languages and/or Linux
- Profound handling of relevant computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office products)
- Experience with statistical programs (e.g. SPSS, R)
- Team player, flexibility, high motivation
- Ability to work independently, high interest in keeping up with innovations
- Excellent English skills
- A full-time position with currently 39,83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Individual further education within the frame of the programme of the research group (e.g.interdisciplinary seminars, summer schools, multidisciplinary supervisors
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- An interesting occupation with room for development of own scientific ideas, which fosters your professional career
- An up-to-date working environment, including a friendly and competent research team
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. Where appropriate, there is also the possibility of part-time work.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Nitsche, nitsche(at)ifado.de, Phone.: 0231/1084-301/302
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with a CV including the reference code "MEMOSLAP" until 12th of December 2022, preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie
und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*(We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.)