Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the NMR project in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Post-doctoral position/Scientist (m/f/d)
The laboratory is interested in the metabolomics description of biological systems, both model systems based on cell-culture and patient derived tissue samples. NMR spectroscopy and fluorescence microscopy are the major methods employed in the work, however cooperation with mass spectrometric groups at the ISAS should also be strived for.
You will be responsible for:
- Running and maintaining a 600 MHz NMR spectrometer
- Conceptual planning of NMR experiments
- Evaluation and interpretation of measurements
- Supervision and assistance of experiments with external cooperating partners
- PhD in Lifescience (Biochemistry or Biology) or Physics with strong interests in Lifescience
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Liquid-NMR spectroscopy
- Strong interest in metabolomics
- Duration 3 years
- English (advanced), German (basics)
- Knowledge in Cell-culture/ 3D cell culture is eligible
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are preferable
Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered for three years. The position is available immediately.
Closing date for application is 4th Novemver 2019. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 29/2019 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department.
For further information regarding the institute, please see http://www.isas.de.