post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
For the Scientific Secretariat of the Senate Commission on the Health Evaluation of Food (SKLM) of the German Research Foundation (DFG), which is located in the Department of Toxicology under the chairmanship of Prof. Hengstler, we are looking for a
post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
with biochemical-toxicological orientation
(food chemistry, pharmacy, chemistry, biology)
The position is initially limited to 2 years.
Description of the activities
The mission of the Senate Commission on the Health Evaluation of Foodstuffs (SKLM) of the German Research Foundation (DFG) is to provide scientific advice to the Senate of the DFG and to federal/state governments, parliaments and authorities on issues of food safety.
The health assessment of foods, including novel and functional foods, includes the assessment of ingredients and additives, but also novel processes in the production and processing of foods. In doing so, the Commission expresses its views, mostly in opinions, on aspects of safety assessment as well as on questions of technological necessity and nutritional benefit. The topics are dealt with mainly in working groups. The drafts produced are then revised in the plenary meetings of the Commission and adopted in the form of decisions/recommendations and published on the DFG's website and in internationally recognised scientific journals. The SKLM also organises symposia and expert discussions on current food safety issues.
- Substance-related research on toxic properties and toxico-/pharmacokinetics of food-relevant substances
- Independent writing of scientific texts and statements
- Literature research from databases/internet
- Organisational and technical preparation and supervision of meetings and conferences of the Senate Commission
- Support of the Chairman of the Senate Commission
- Independent handling of routine correspondence (German/English)
- Doctorate in natural sciences
- Good command of English
- Experience in using common PC office software (MS-Office)
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills
- Organisational skills and flexibility
- A full-time position with currently 39,83 working hours per week
- Remuneration and social benefits based on the collective agreement for the public service
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Work life – family life balance
- flexible working hours
- promotion of career development
- good accessibility by public transport
- attractive region with a wide range of cultural activities
The IfADo promotes the professional equality of women and men and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, health impairment, age or sexual identity.
In case of equal qualifications, application of severely disabled candidates have priority.
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Hengstler, hengstler(at)ifado.de, Phone: 0231/1084-349.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates until 28th of June 2021, preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask you to submit application documents only in copies and not in folders as the documents are not returned. These will be destroyed by privacy after expiration of the retention period.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.