Post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Werkstofforientierte Technologien — IWT, Bremen
Become part of our team as a
Post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
as instrument responsible for Atom Probe Tomography (APT)
full-time (39.2 h/week), fixed term for a duration of up to 6 years.
At Leibniz-IWT, we conduct interdisciplinary research on scientific issues of particular practical relevance along the entire process chain. From basic research to technology transfer, we work on new materials, new processes and optimised components – always with tomorrow’s requirements in mind.
We need your expertise for:
- taking the responsibility for a newly installed, high-end APT equipment LEAP 5000 XR
- operating the APT, preparing the microtips by FIB or electropolishing and taking care of maintenance of the APT in full autonomy
- collaborating with the different departments of IWT and with other institutes of the university of Bremen and taking actively part to research projects regarding the application, evaluation and interpretation of APT in the field of structural and functional materials, in particular high-strength metallic alloys
- presentation of scientific results at international conferences and in publications
- initiation and acquisition of third-party-funded projects based on APT technology and development of the research activities using APT within the institute and its research environment
What we expect from you:
- Dr. or PhD degree in metal physics, solid state physics, materials science, metallurgy, or similar
- several years of hands-on expertise in APT, including autonomous execution, analysis and interpretation of APT-research, ideally for different material systems as well as excellent publication records
- experience in associated focused-ion-beam (FIB) and electropolishing preparation techniques, as well as correlative microstructural and chemical analysis by SEM, EBSD, EPMA, TEM, etc.
- additional expertise in the fields of metallic structural materials and hydrogen related topics
- first experience and interest in the initiation and acquisition of third-party-funding research projects
- C1 level in English or German is required, with at least basic knowledge (A2) of both languages
What you can expect from us:
- remuneration based the federal collective bargaining agreement (TV-L), pay category E14 (from EUR 4,752 per month in full time), annual bonus
- possibility of personal development within the framework of a habilitation in cooperation with the University of Bremen
- family-friendly, flexible working time models, e.g. part-time, flexitime, mobile work
- support for sporting activities
- interdisciplinary and international environment
Leibniz-IWT is a research institute certified for its family friendliness, and actively cultivates equality among all groups of people. We promote the professional development of women at the Institute and strongly encourage female candidates to apply.
Please send your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates by 31.7.2021 by e-mail, quoting the reference number W 21-12, to bewerbung(at)iwt-bremen.de.
Dr.-Ing. Jeremy Epp, Head of Department Physical Analysis, Fon: +49 421 218 51335, epp(at)iwt-bremen.de