PostDoc in Plant Biology (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The research group Metabolic Diversity focusses on the biochemistry and analysis of traits in crop plants that are critical for growth, development and the production of value-added compounds. Our underlying goals are to isolate and characterize the pathways leading to increased performance in plants used for food, industry, and medicine. We accomplish these tasks by incorporating multiple -omics based high-throughput approaches for both the analysis of small molecules and for gene discovery. The position on the exploration of the diversity of multispecies Hypericum extracts is offered through the HyperSpEED project financed by the EFRE network of the European Union.
- Developmental and morphological characterization of a collection of Hypericum spp. accessions.
- Multi-omics study focused on the synthesis of pharmaceutically valuable compounds.
- In-vitro investigation of specific biosynthesis steps.
- Molecular biology work and processing of multiple samples of Hypericum spp.
- Communication of results in scientific articles and at international conferences.
You fit to us:
- … if you are interested in biological questions that are relevant for science and society.
- … if you are open-minded, active, and strongly motivated.
- … if you see your future in academic research.
- … if you like to work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team.
Your qualifications and skills:
- PhD degree in plant biology, botany or a relevant related field.
- You have a strong experience in the field of plant molecular biology, tissue culture and transcriptomics.
- You have strong expertise in working with medicinal plants and managing multi-species germplasm collections.
- You have solid English skills, which are a prerequisite for an effective work in our multicultural working environment.
- Publications pertinent to the intended research.
We offer you:
- … the opportunity to work in a world-class research centre with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
- … a collegial working atmosphere.
- … a project-based position until 30.09.2022.
- … a gross salary up to 100% E13 TV-L.
If you need further information, feel free to contact Dr. Paride Rizzo Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5458.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 22.07.2020 via online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/). If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de). Please indicate the reference number 16/06/20 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.