Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena
The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The “Transcriptional Control of Tissue Homeostasis” group, headed by Dr. Björn von Eyss invites applications for a Postdoc (m/f/d).
Tasks and Challenges:
The von Eyss Lab studies the Hippo pathway and its impact on organ regeneration, cancer and aging.
To this end, state-of-the-art NGS-based and single-cell technologies (e.g. scRNA-Seq, scATAC-Seq, CROP-Seq, ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, 4 C-Seq, genome-wide CRISPR screens), inducible mouse models, as well as biochemical methods are applied.
This specific project will focus on the two transcriptional Hippo pathway co-activators YAP and TAZ in cancer, tissue homeostasis and regeneration. Here we will apply novel mouse models that allow a reversible modulation of the YAP/TAZ function in the mouse.
- university Degree (PhD, M.D. or equivalent) in Biology, Life Science or Biomedicine
- highly self-motivated with a genuine interest in cancer and aging
- excellent team-working capabilities
- excellent know-how in molecular biology, ideally also in NGS-based and single-cell methods, e.g. scRNA-Seq
- knowledge in bioinformatics analyses of NGS-based methods would be beneficial but is not a prerequisite
- a position in a well-equipped Research Group of an international institute for aging research, which harbours several state-of-the-art facilities. Our institute is embedded in the Beutenberg Campus, an interdisciplinary base for innovative research.
- a position integrated in the FLI PostDoc Network. The Network promotes support for career development and fosters interdisciplinary collaborations involving clinician scientists, basic scientists and bioinformaticians.
- a contract which is limited for the project duration. The contract conditions and the salary will be according to the collective labour agreement TV-L (TV-L E13) including flexible working time and a family friendly working atmosphere.
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job-ID 20/16) latest by November 30th, 2020 by email: jobs(at)leibniz-fli.de, one single-pdf-document by mail:
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung—Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V.
Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena
Further information: www.leibniz-fli.de