Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Frankfurt am Main
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. LOEWE Centre for Translational Biodiversity Genomics (LOEWE-TBG), https://tbg.senckenberg.de, is a joint venture of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen and Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME aiming to intensify biodiversity genomics in basic and applied research. We will establish a new and taxonomically broad genome collection to study genomic and functional diversity across the tree of life and make genomic resources accessible for societal-demand driven applied research.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung and the LOEWE-TBG invite applications for a
Mammalian Genomics: Speciation and Gene Flow
- Sequencing, assembly, and annotation of mammalian genomes
- Evolution, gene flow, and population genomic analyses of large multispecies data sets
- Involve classic taxonomy, biogeography and related fields with comparative genomics
- Acquiring third-party funding
- PhD in Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics or related subjects
- Experience with de novo genome assembly and mapping of vertebrate genomes
- Exceptional interest in mammalian evolution
- Experience and solid understanding of comparative genomics or evolutionary biology research
- Teamwork oriented and excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and oral English
What is awaiting you?
- An interesting task in a dynamic team of researchers in an international research group and joining the new LOEWE excellence centre with its 20 new research groups
- The possibility to create a network with scientists in interdisciplinary fields in translational biodiversity genomics
- Flexible working hours – dual career service - leave of absence due to family reasons – parent-child-office – annual special payment – company pension scheme – Senckenberg badge for free entry in museums in Frankfurt – leave of 30 days/year
Place of employment: Frankfurt am Main
Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
Type of contract: initially limited until 31. December 2021
Salary: according to the collective agreement TV-H (pay grade E 13)
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13). The contract should start on as soon as possible and will initially be limited to the end of phase one of LOEWE-TBG in December 2021. Subject to further funding and extension of the project, an extension of the employment is envisaged.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
How to apply
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #12-20015) until August 2nd, 2020 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and include a cover letter detailing your research interests and experience, a detailed CV, a list of publications and copies of your certificates, transcripts and grades to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt a.M.