Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena
The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The Research Group “Aging of Protein Complexes” headed by Dr. Alessandro Ori invites applications for a
Tasks and Challenges:
The Research Group is interested in studying how age and environmental factors affect our organs at the molecular level.
The group employs ultra-sensitive approaches allowing the quantification of thousands of proteins in tissues as well as in rare cell populations. The group’s goal is to identify, in an unbiased way, functionally relevant alterations of the proteome that will enable the researchers to understand the mechanisms of organ deterioration that impact on healthy lifespan.
This project (funded by the Else Kröner Fresenius Stiftung) will focus on intestinal stem cell aging, with a particular focus on the identification and functional characterization of cell intrinsic and extrinsic factors influencing epithelial regeneration during aging. The project will integrate omics approaches (proteomics, metabolomics), engineering of intestinal organoid cultures and in vivo models of regeneration.
- University Degree (PhD, M.D. or equivalent) in Biology, Life Science or Biomedicine
- Highly self-motivated with a genuine interest in stem cell biology
- Excellent team-working capabilities
- Profound knowledge in at least two of the following techniques: organoid cultures, models of intestinal regeneration, high-end microscopy, mass spectrometry.
- FELASA certification and experience in animal experiment planning would be a distinctive plus.
- A position in a well-equipped Research Group of a high quality institute for age research, which harbours several state-of-theart facilities. Our work is embedded in the Beutenberg Campus, an interdisciplinary base for innovative research
- A position integrated in the FLI PostDoc Network. The Network promotes interdisciplinary collaborations involving clinician scientists, basic scientists and bioinformaticians and supports career development and postdoctoral training courses
- A contract which is limited for two years initially. The contract conditions and the salary will be according to the collective labour agreement for public service employees of the federal states of Germany (TV-L E13)
- Flexible working time, a family friendly working environment including support for child care solutions and dual career
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job-ID 1930) latest by December 10th, 2019.
- by email: jobs(at)leibniz-fli.de
- one single-pdf-document
- by mail: Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung—Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V.