PostDoc position (d/f/m)
DWI - Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials, Aachen
The DWI – Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials is a research institute that takes on the challenge of surpassing disciplinary limits and tackling new questions relating to substances and materials that combine technology and nature. It is a location at which people with different talents, experiences and skills work together, in order to learn from one another and generate new knowledge and new methods to create a better quality of life in our world.
DWI and RWTH in Aachen are two of the most renowned research institutions for the development of smart and complex materials. With the goal to design and synthesize new biohybrid materials, an interdisciplinary team works hard on innovations for a wide variety of applications.
We are recruiting an outstanding
to manage and advance the development of a synthetic bioink
The project is part of a larger EU consortium project Organtrans with the aim to print ex vivo liver tissues, including industrial and academic partners from Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the UK. A bioink needs to be printable, crosslink rapidly, and protect cell spheroids. To achieve this, shear thinning materials, 2-component crosslinking mechanisms, or light-induced gelation can be employed. The inks will be tested in bioprinters from RegenHU, which is a partner in Organtrans.
- Synthesize prepolymers with different reactive groups and light-sensitive capping groups
- Characterize the hydrogel physical and mechanical properties in function of the prepolymer composition
- Test the printability and biocompatibility of the hydrogel bioink to obtain 3D constructs with high resolution
- You hold a PhD in Chemistry
- You are creative, hard-working, proactive, and are able to work in a multidisciplinary research team
- You have a very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written)
- Funds for attending national/international conferences to present your results
- Top-notch facilities, equipment and experimental support will be provided
- You will work in close collaboration with national/international recognizable scientists in the field
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and is initially limited to 1 year with the option of renewal. Remuneration is done under similar conditions as the collective agreement for public service of the federal states (TV-L).
DWI supports you to gain further qualifications. We offer our employees a broad spectrum of career opportunities in an attractive working climate https://www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de/seite/institutskultur. D
WI supports equal opportunities; an overview on the measures can be found here: https://www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de/en/page/equal-opportunity-and-diversity.
There is a possibility to fulfill the position in part-time, unless there are compelling professional reasons to do otherwise.
We at the DWI - Leibniz Institute value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background.
How to apply:
If we have aroused your interest and you are open to new professional challenges, we would be delighted to receive a meaningful application from you.
Please send all the relevant documents (Motivation letter, CV, Transcripts) as a single PDF file via email stating the reference “Postdoc application Bioink” to Prof. Dr.-Ing. De Laporte via delaporte(at)dwi.rwth-aachen.de.