PostDoc Position (m/f/d) / Department Experimental Diabetology
German Institute of Human Nutrition (DIfE), Potsdam-Rehbrücke
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and
prevention.We invite applications to join the Department of Experimental Diabetology for
1 Postdoc (m/f/d) starting as soon as possible.
- Investigation of the impact of DNA hydroxymethylation (5hmC) on skeletal muscle function
- Identification of stimuli that trigger 5hmC modification in skeletal muscle
- Presentation of research results (in scientific journals, colloquia and conferences)
Skills and Requirements
- Very good degree (M.Sc. degree, diploma, state examination) and doctorate in a biomedical subject (e. g. biology, biotechnology, biochemistry)
- Experience in epigenetics, molecular biology and bioinformatics methods
- Experience/Knowledge in working with cell culture and/or organoids would be appreciated
- Very high motivation and willingness for interdisciplinary cooperation in a diverse research environment
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing) and computer skills, knowledge of German is advantageous, but not required
We offer a vibrant and interactive research setting, excellent working conditions and continuing education, close collaboration with national and international project partners, state-of-the-art equipment and support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport.
The position is on a fixed-term contract basis, ending on December 31st, 2025.
The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E13).
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference no. 2024_W01_Lbefore March 15th, 2024 via e-mail to jobs(at)dife.de.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact:
Prof. Dr. Annette Schürmann
Head of the Department of Experimental Diabetology
Dr. Meriem Ouni
Tel.: +49 33200 88 2505
By submitting your application documents, you grant us the right to collect, process, and use your personal data exclusively for the application selection process. For further information about your rights according to the data protection law, please contact the department Human Resources and Social Services (jobs(at)dife.de).