Postdoc Position (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The research group Meiosis is interested in the process of plant meiosis that generates genetic variation through homologous recombination that is harnessed in plant breeding. To support our team, we are looking for two highly motivated
postdoctoral candidates (f/m/d)
in frame of the ERC-funded project MEIOBARMIX.
- You will uncover new strategies and develop novel tools to modify plant meiotic recombination outcome aiming to accelerate plant breeding
- Project 1: Based on novel single pollen nuclei genotyping tools in barley and based on forward genetic approaches in Arabidopsis, you will decipher the potential of meiotic non-crossovers as natural source of genetic variation
- Project 2: Based on genome editing and virus-based tools, you will explore novel strategies for triggering meiotic recombination
- You will present results at scientific meetings and write journal articles
You fit to us:
- … if you are fascinated and motivated by plant sciences
- … if you want to build a career in science and you have a strong drive to succeed
- … if you want to work in a modern research center with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world
- … if you want to become a member of a young, dynamic and multi-cultural team
Your qualifications and skills:
- You are completing or hold a Ph.D. degree in the field of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline
- You have a strong publication record
- Experience in the field of meiosis and/or experience in working with reproductive processes in plants are desirable but not required
- You have experience in molecular, cell biological and/or cytogenetic techniques
- You have solid English skills, which are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural working environment
We offer you:
- … a cutting-edge research environment
- … friendly and productive working atmosphere
- … two ERC-funded postdoctoral positions as a unique opportunity to deepen and broaden your research profile and advancing your career
- … Employment initially for 36 months each – starting by 01.07.2021 or later
- ... a gross salary up to 100% E 13 TV-L
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Stefan Heckmann, Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5608.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone - independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability - is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 16.5.2021 via online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/).
If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 17/04/21 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.